Annie Lennox's New Album "Bare"

Discussion in 'Music' started by Chuck L, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

Picked up this CD yesterday, the limited edition, and I have to say that although Ms. Lennox left us waiting for eight years for a new solo project, it has been well worth the wait.

From simply reading the lyrics, hearing this divine voice, to enjoying with me glee the note on the back of the CD cover...she shows what a true talent is in this land of sorely lacking musical ability. Every track is simply wonderful and proves that when Annie named her first solo effort "Diva," that was only speaking the truth.

Avril, Brit, Christina, and all those other 'hot' young female rockers...learn from Ms. Lennox what true talent is and resign yourself to the fact that by forty you will be a greeter at Wal-Mart.

Anyone else pick this disc up?

2. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

Heard a coupla cuts on the NPR station...very nice!
    Tom

3. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

I've seen the limited 2 dics around, what does the second consist of?

4. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Chuck, does the US/Canadian version have anti-PC copy protection? The UK version does which is why I'm keen to avoid it if at all possible.

5. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

Luis...the second disc is a DVD that features to live version of A Thousand Beautiful Things and Wonderful. Also is a interview with Annie on her thoughts of her past, her music now, her thoughts of today's music scene, etc.

Well worth it.

PLUS...Best Buy, at least mine did, had both the regular and limited edition on sale for the same price...$11.99.

As far as the copy protection question...I have no idea, honestly haven't tried it. I did have it in my computer at work today playing it, but as far as trying to rip it, I haven't even had the time honestly.

6. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Miss Lennox will be the musical guest on Letterman tonight (Thursday).