What's new

Andromeda Strain on A&E (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Anyone watch this? What do you think? I'm recording it all first and will watch it all tomorrow night.

RichM

Agent
Watched part 1.

I liked the book and original movie more. I am finding this made for TV movie disjointed and it also feels rushed. Just not a good pace to the movie, can't really explain it.

Will hold final judgement after viewing part 2.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I watched part 1 last night. I almost turned it off after about 15 minutes but decided to keep watching. I'll probably watch part 2 just to satisfy the completist in me.

I can't pass judgement on it either but I'm pretty sure that I'll still favor the original over this one.

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
First half was pretty good and interesting. The second half you could almost see the extras looking at their watches like "hurry up so we can get out of here".

The last 30 minutes felt so rushed and contrived. Shame. I really wished they would have stuck to the original movie plot more.

And for as "high tech" as the Wildfire facility was, it sure was easy to break out of the levels.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
To me the whole part II seemed rushed. Very fast paced and not in a good way.

It was good for a watch since nothing else was on...... Entertaining enough.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Anytime you take something like this that was already enjoyed by many and then make a made for TV version it is going to be pretty lame. I always keep that in mind when watching them and try to judge it on its own merits. Having said that I thought it was just ok.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I agree. While not terrible, it was not really anything special either. The previews made it seem much better than it actually was.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Well it's a good thing I put it on a DVD RW I'll just initialize it to get rid of it. Sounds like to me not worth the 4 hours to watch it.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's not. The original was in b&w and this is in color, and the new version still pales in comparison. Poor casting, a plot the meanders away from the book and the original movie...it's just a mish mash.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
You are right. Wasn't the color scheme pretty desaturated? Maybe that's why I was thinking b&w.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
plenty of color in the original version when i saw it.

this one was a "pale" imitation of the original movie.
why didnt the future just include a note saying specifically what needed to be done.

why did they make it a secret code that needed to e figured out.
mybe it was explained, i missed it if it was.

Stan

Senior HTF Member

This was my biggest complaint. Actually enjoyed most of it, but part II, especially the last 30 minutes were terribly rushed. It almost seemed like things that were written and probably filmed were just completely edited out.

Very similar to many episodes of Medium. The show needs to end when everyone realizes, oh shit, we've got loose ends all over the place, better just show something, wrap it up and call it good. Who cares about the overall pacing of the story.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
Yeah but they didn't all die in the end....

Crappy movie.

More liberal environut crap.

Oh and don't miss the TWO hurricanes in the parting shots of the Earth.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor

yes they are nuts but there are no crazy corporations screwing all of us for their profit.

Spare us the contrived crap ok?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
this show had a lot of promise and delivered very little. The second half was down right awful. The moving fields of color....:rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks