What's new

Ancient Pioneer SD-P5191-K Oddities, Any Ideas? (1 Viewer)

TSOLfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Sprigler
Okay, time for a bit of a backstory. My father, impressed with my Z2 and 100" Carada screen setup has a bit of home theater envy. He stumbled across an older Pioneer RPTV unit and got it for dirt cheap (and I mean cheap) because it has some odd defect in the lower left corder. He picked it up because A). It was a bigger screen than he had before and B). It was dirt cheap

So, being the all around handyman he his (and he's damn handy) he pretty much disassembled the entire unit to try and figure out what was going on. He tweaked every adjustment via remote, via internal service controls, anything and everything he could think of, all to no avail.

Here's an image of said defect:

Larger Image

and here's a close up:

Larger Image

You can see how the 3 colors seem to band and separate in the corner. Here's a list of pretty much everything he's checked out to try and fix it. Adjusted convergence, removed screen and checked mirror for any warping, checked screen itself for any defects, adjusted focus through internal controls, adjusted lens height through internal controls, and probably a few other things. When he took the screen off, he just lifeted it up and down to see if the odd defect in colors changed location, but it stayed constant.

Anyone got any ideas? Is it totally busted? Something a few hundred bucks could fix?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

SimiA

Second Unit
Why not have a tech at least check it out?
Since it was such a cheap price, it might still be worth the cost of fixing????
It looks like the guns are way out of alignment.

Vb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks