What's new

Anchor Bay Press Release: Roseanne: Season One (1 Viewer)

Alan_H

Stunt Coordinator
I'm guessing the red paint would have more effect on a $20,000 mink stole than a $27.99 DVD set... but hey, whatever works. :)

Seriously though, at this point it seems that there are only 2 scenerios for Rosanne Season 2:

1. The December 6th release date gets pushed back in which case we might get uncut episodes, or

2. The December 6th release date stands and we almost certainly get the syndicated episodes.

Based on Carsey-Werner's abominable track record, scenerio 2 seems highly probable.

David*W

Agent
Is there anyone who has bought the UK set? Could they confirm if the UK set also contains the syndication prints?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Guys, while I'm on your side, I do feel like I need to point out something. I know this is kind of a pet peeve of mine, so sorry for the rant.

When a set says "Complete", they aren't talking uncut. It just means it contains every episode of the season.

So while it sucks that it would appear to be edited episodes, "Complete" is by no means "False Advertising".

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, by that logic, a cd with 5 seconds of every Beatles song could be called the Complete Beatles Collection, a book with just one word, "the" could be called the Complete Collection of English Novels, etc., etc., but it would still be false advertising.

They can argue that "complete" means a "collection of incomplete episodes with at least some footage from each show", but that's not what we mean, and I'm not so sure that their definition would hold up in a court of law if someone did bring a false advertising suit against them.

Nick_TV

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone, I have more UNOFFICIAL news to bring to your attention. Two people on amazon.com have received an email from Carsey-Werner. Here is a copy of these reviewers' posts on amazon.com:

I got the following email on Sept 20, 2005 from Carsey-Werner. Let the celebrations begin!:
Thank you very much for your enthusiasm for Roseanne. There were many legal/licensing issues on the first season release which prohibited us from releasing the network versions. However, I am pleased to let you know that season two, and hopefully the rest of the seasons, will be the original, un-cut versions.
Thanks again for your appreciation and feedback. -Barron
Barron Postmus
Vice President,
Marketing & Creative Services
Carsey-Werner Distribution

and

Well, I am erasing my negative review of season 2 of Roseanne!
Although I did recieve an email early on about season 2- from Anchor Bay - stating these would be cut episodes..I have much better news to report.

I too received an email from Mr. Postmus from Carsey Werner that stated exactly what the prior reviewer noted- Mr. Postmus was happy to advise me that season 2 will be the ORIGINAL UNCUT episodes of Roseanne!! EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is official- although they have not released the press release as yet....

Thanks to ALL the Roseanne fans that wrote in to AB and Carsey Werner- and all the negative reviews on season one- since now we are getting what we want- Original episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they correct season 1!!!
Apparently there were licensing issues for season 1 -per Carsey Werners email - which honesly I dont buy- how could Carsey Werner have licensing issues with the program they OWN?? I think they released season one syndicated- not realizing it was a big mistake...I cant see how they have licensing issues on their own legally owned properties...but who knows- thats my own opinion

but I am glad Season two will be uncut!

Yes, it's not official news yet, but more and more people are claiming to get emails saying season 2 will be uncut. This time from Carsey-Werner. Lets just hope we get some official word soon. :)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Exactly, NO reason to be throwing a party at this point, but this is certainly good news. Hopefully season 2+ WILL be uncut. And I personally can't imagine Anchor Bay not releasing season 1 again. It wouldn't really be that difficult, and since they have re-released as many as four versions of certain films that have no doubt been able to turn a profit, I think an UNCUT season 1 of roseanne would be a good decision (though it probably wouldn't happen until the entire series was released).

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'm not sure that I believe that there were actually legal or licensing problems with season one. Funny how they didn't say what. And Roseanne isn't a music-heavy show. Plus, why would there have been problems with one season and now supposedly not the rest of them ?

Gimme A Break! (ooh, that's another good show).

I'd love a re-released season one (with a discount for those of us who bought the first one). But I'm not counting on it. Still, I've got my legs crossed. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

And, if true, why not just wait until the problems are resolved before releasing S1 in the first place?

Do it right, or don't do it at all.

Alan_H

Stunt Coordinator
If you look in the lower right-hand corner of the Amazon pic of the season 2 set it says Original "Network" UNCUT EPISODES. Unless they are blatantly lying, it looks like we're getting what we wished for! :emoji_thumbsup: :)

John*D

Second Unit
Good news! Now this thread can die. hah.

Why does it look like the packaging is a keepcase? Is that what they are going to use?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully they'll keep the case similar to season 1, and hopefully season 1 will get a re-release (probably after season 9 is out). But at this point, I'm just happy we're getting the original NETWORK versions!!!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
the fact that they were able to fix this in time makes me happy, hopefully this means we'll see an uncut season 3 in early 2006, and season 4 in the summer, etc... Roseanne is my favorite sitcom of all time so I'm more than glad to get them out fast.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Wow! I think everyone here who whined and moaned (much to the chagrin of some thread readers here and MANY on amazon) deserve a HUGE pat on the back! We did it! And now EVERYONE who buys this can enjoy this great show the way it was made. Congrats, all!

Very happy today!

:) d

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Great news! I hope there's a gigantic jump in sales from season 1 to season 2. A redone season 1 would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention I think all the people who said "Who gives a crap! Shut up and buy it!" deserve a slap on the back of the head... ;)

I'll admit it, I bought season 1, ($19.17, free shipping at deepdiscountdvd.com) but if they re-release it uncut, I'll buy it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks