What's new

Anchor Bay announces a load of horror double features! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Did a search and didn't see this one reported yet, so here goes.

Courtesy of DVDFile:

Some solid stuff in there. I know some people who'll snap up that Elvira/Transylvania disc in a quick hurry. Me, I'm down with Fade to Black with Hell Night. I also kinda like The Initiation despite it sucking. ;)

So there's a little good news for the horror freaks. Thanks, AB.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Can't wait to pick some of these up. I'll definitely grab Elvira/Transylvania, Fade to Black/Hell Night, and I may even get Return of the Killer Tomatoes/Return to Horror High, thought I haven't seen Return to Horror High.

Will K

Screenwriter
A couple of interesting titles in there. I've been waiting on a Hell Night price reduction, so Fade To Black as a bonus sounds like a steal for the price.

This fall is surely going to be sweet with AB's additions to MGM and Warner's blast o'horror come August. Might have to take two weeks off for all this!

One lingering question, though. Where's Crazy Fat Ethel II?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Add a +1 to that total. Although I had been holding out for a linkup between MotD and the more recent Haunted Hills. But, I won't scoff at T-65000.

Thanks for the heads up. Heck, if these go for $9.99 at a B&M, I might just catch some on speculation. Would sit nicely next to the Troma collection.

Andrew_K

Stunt Coordinator
Anchor Bay will soon lose rights to over 100 titles. These rights will go to Blue Underground, so they try in the hurry to cash in.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I hope I don't get addicted to these as I have the Midnight Movie line-up, or I'll find myself buying them to complete the collection. But at probably $9.99 retail, you can't beat it. Always nice to discover some gems here and there.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Anchor Bay will soon lose rights to over 100 titles.
Got a list?

I wonder how they are doing the doubles. Are they the same as the old releases or new double disc/single disc releases, and will they have the same features? Hell Night had a commentary if I'm not mistaken...it's around here somewhere.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I already have the spectacular SOCIETY (one of my top 25 favorite films), the underrated THE INITIATION (one of my top 5 favorite slashers), the brilliant Euro gem POSSESSION, the very creepy SHOCK, the stellar and bizarre MACBRE, the cool slasher HELL NIGHT, the wonderful CANNIBAL MAN, the odd RETURN TO HORROR HIGH, and the so-bad-its-good HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD, and quite frankly, those are the only titles out of the ones listed that I want, so I have no interest in these sets. I'm not a big fan of double features anyways.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
each disc features two movies for the price of one, with new packaging and the same specs as the previous, single-disc releases.
Question about Hell Night. Am I correct when I say the current dvd available is NOT anamorphic? So according to the above quote is it safe to assume that Hell Night in the up and coming double pack will also be non-anamorphic also?

Will K

Screenwriter
It does appears these are mere repackagings of the same DVD masters. I'll probably pick up Hell Night anyway. I doubt they're going to invest in an anamorphic remaster anytime soon.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
It looks like I was wrong about Hell Night being non-anamorphic. According to the quote below fron Anchor Bays features description of Hell Night it is anamorphic.
Widescreen Presentation enhanced for 16x9 TVs
If I had known this I would have bought it by now. I have the VHS tape of it but it's dark.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The Hell Night transfer is pretty good, and it has commentary by Linda Blair to boot.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I have had Hell Night for a few years and it has always been 16:9 enhanced.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the anamorphic conformation guys. I will go ahead and order it now. Not interested in Fade to Black so I'm not worried about waiting for the double release. Plus according to Anchor Bay Fade To Black isn't Enhanced for 16x9 TV's.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So they were on the 'coming attractions' page on the AB site and now they're not; and it's because they are being put out by Elite?!

Now I am confused...but not half as confused as you Kevin :)

I think you're referring to the discs in this thread and not the new Anchor Bay discs.

---
So many films, so little time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks