What's new

an X1, diy screen, cable lengths and types (1 Viewer)

Bradley J

Auditioning
So I ordered the X1 finally, and for $695 as a bonus. I was looking into wiring (which is more expenses to get ready for my projector) and I found that a 50' s-video monster cable is needed to make the run from my reciever to the X1. Does anyone know if I am going to get poor video from running a 50' s-video run? Or even better of a question...is running an s-video cable the only way for me to make it to my X1 (without surpassing my purchase of the X1 for component wires) or is there some other way that would be better than 50' of monster cable?(I have to connect a dvd, xbox and digital cable box)
Also, half the fun (the other being actually turning on the X1 for the first time) for me is going to be building my "DIY screen" which so many of you fine people have directed me into doing and giving me ample ideas. I have decided that it's either going to be the parkland plastic or the rust-o-leum "silver" or "aluminum" spray paint. I am leaning towards the paint due to the parkland being less than par upon arrival for some people and the price/instant gratification time. It sounds like to me (which I could be dead wrong) that the rust-o-leum paint will work just as good if not better than the parkland plastic, if anyone knows better than I, please tell me which one you would choose for your X1.
A few questions to be answered, but maybe someone could take some time out of thier busy day and help answer a few if not all of em'.

Thanks,
~Bradley J

For your screen ideas, check out:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=267756

For your cable solutions, check out:

http://www.canare.com/catalog.html

If your DVD is a progressive output model of high quality, you will need to run it's component output to the VGA input via an adapter. If your DVD is non-progressive out, a lot of people think the built-in Faroudja de-interlacer does an outstanding job, allowing you to run S-video to the unit.

Where did you get an X1 for 695?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks