What's new

Amazon Deal Day: Abbott & Costello: The Complete Universal Pictures Collection $47.99 (60% off) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
8d0fa3d2_51l1CZuowiL._AA237_.jpeg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EXE2Y2/ref=xs_gb_AXDRDX1KORW0T?pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1DGH1SVR9SH9MWKGAP6A

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Ay yi yi ..... just one week after I finally got around to buying that from them for $86!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Is it still unopened? I would re-order and return what I have.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Good idea, but yes, it's opened. But get this:

The copy they sent me -- new, sealed and in otherwise perfect condition throughout -- was missing the digipack with discs 7 and 8. First time I've seen something like that. Reported it to Amazon and a replacement copy is on its way, whereupon I'll be returning the first. The second one should be here tomorrow.

Oh hell, maybe I'll call again and ask about the price break in consideration of the "trouble" I've been through. Worst that happens is they say no.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You will be greatly surprised. Amazon is very good about taking
care of customers who feel let down.

Let me know how it works out.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/322398/amazon-deal-day-abbott-costello-the-complete-universal-pictures-collection-47-99-60-off#post_3950939
You will be greatly surprised. Amazon is very good about taking
care of customers who feel let down.

Let me know how it works out.

Got the replacement which was fine, sent off the return, and just talked to Amazon. No go on this request, due to the very nature of Gold Box deals The woman was very nice about it, very apologetic, totally understood why I would ask, said they're always happy to help customers get around all kinds of situations...but this type of promotion is expressly set up not to allow any such overrides or credits.

I totally get it, and it's certainly not a deal-breaker. Just would have been a nice bonus. Glad I asked, rather than wondering later if I should have!

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
This box set, by the way, is IMO one of the nicest to have come out of Universal. It's beautifully designed, and a common weakness -- digipacks (if that's the right term) where the paper portions often like to self-destruct -- suffer no harm in the protective "chest". Extra features are great (including commentary by Bob Furmanek), the booklet is beautifully printed, and the discs play well -- unlike some of the flippers to come out of Universal in times past. Or maybe not so past. Anyone who wants it...the deal is still on...or was as of ten minutes ago. Go for it!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If not for the fact I bought these all individually
when they first came out years ago, I would be
all over this set at this price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks