Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Title: Allied (2016)

Tagline: The enemy is listening.

Genre: Action, Drama, War, Romance, Thriller

Director: Robert Zemeckis

Release: 2016-11-17

Runtime: 124

Plot: In 1942, an intelligence officer in North Africa encounters a female French Resistance fighter on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. When they reunite in London, their relationship is tested by the pressures of war.

I'm amazed there isn't already a topic for this film!

My wife and I loved it! A terrific film that should be seen before some jackass spoils the ending for you!

The Booth Bijou gives 'Allied' 4.5 out of 5 stars!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/allied

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No spoilers. Just watched it. I was not bored but it was not a very good movie. I'm bad at guessing but I figured out all the major plot points 10 minutes in advance.

The worst being the major premise of the movie. I guessed it before. There was no hints, no foreshadowing and absolutely no reason for the viewer to guess it! The story was so poorly constructed that it forced me to figure out the plot in advance! :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No spoilers. Just watched it. I was not bored but it was not a very good movie. I'm bad at guessing but I figured out all the major plot points 10 minutes in advance.

The worst being the major premise of the movie. I guessed it before. There was no hints, no foreshadowing and absolutely no reason for the viewer to guess it! The story was so poorly constructed that it forced me to figure out the plot in advance! :D
Shocking!

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I've been on a Robert Zemeckis film kick recently, so watched Allied for the first time - on the Blu-ray. Wow. Very impressive & well-done espionage/WW II film; it definitely reminded me of those old noir 1940's WW II-era films, but much more elaborate/complex.

I liked both the Tunisia/Casablanca setting in the beginning, and the London setting in the middle/end.

Some of my favorite scenes included:

-When the undercover Agent Max Vatan (Pitt) and his French "wife" took out the Germans at the diplomatic party.

-The very realistic scenes of London being bombed by the Germans, and the subsequent crash-landing of the German aircraft - which narrowly missed exploding into Vatan's home.

-Also liked the realistic touch of Vatan sleeping on the roof of the building in Tunisia during the hot evenings. It makes perfect sense for people to do this to keep cool in the summer months - especially in a desert setting & in the days before air conditioning.

-The ending was sad, but not unexpected. I completely get people saying that this was predictable - which it was. However, it was still difficult to watch.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks