What's new

All the Best Buy Exclusive DVD Disc (1 Viewer)

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
Stargate SG-1 Season 7 was supposed to have an exclusive BB disc, but it turned out that some sets had it and others didn't, while retailers such as Amazon ended up with the bonus disc too. Perhaps someone screwed up somewhere...

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have been unable to find any info on it yet. BB.com actually has it available to pre-order now (@ $3.99), but they don't have any kind of a description of it.

Porfirio

Second Unit
Just remembered this one --

DVD as Sneak Peak Preview: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Another for the list:
Coming Attractions, volume 1 (Featured sample music tracks, theatrical and DVD trailers, and Video game sneak peeks)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Fox Demo Discs #1, #2, & #3

This was #1.

They were only available at BestBuy. The digital bits.com was also involved with these.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life had a bonus DVD with a "Secrets of Lara Croft" featurette on it (I think that was the title).

The Time Machine remake had a bonus DVD with a "commentary" (interview) with the writer and some DVD-Rom stuff.

Spider-Man 2 is going to have a bonus disc with a VH-1 Looks at Spider-Man featurette (?).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Andrew

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
If I understand correctly the bonus Seinfeld DVD will be a DVD version of the Seinfeld guide that Entertainment Weekly issued when the show had it's finale. It's supposed to be included in a special issue of EW (about TV shows on DVD) available only at Best Buy. Free if you buy the Seinfeld set. I got this from the Seinfeld page at tvtome.com.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
quote:If I understand correctly the bonus Seinfeld DVD will be a DVD version of the Seinfeld guide that Entertainment Weekly issued when the show had it's finale.
I think you may be misinterpreting the info @ TV Tome. I don't see where it says the content of the DVD is the same as that EW issue that was, essentially, an episode guide of the series.

The Seinfeld sets at Best Buy will come with an exclusive issue of EW about "the best of TV on DVD" and the Seinfeld bonus disc, but I don't think you're correct about the content of the disc. I can't find where TV Tome talks about what's on the disc.

quote:November 02, 2004

The magazine comes with the disc and is free when the DVD is purchased at Best Buy.

October 29, 2004

Best Buy will sell an exclusive edition of Entertainment Weekly about "TV On DVD." This magazine will come with a Seinfeld DVD bonus disc with exclusive content that will ONLY be available through buying the magazine, which will only be available at Best Buy. If the magazine is bought with any of the Seinfeld DVDs, the magazine will be free. No details yet on what exclusive content that bonus disc will have on it.

In fact, re-read the last line of the 10/29 item.

http://www.tvtome.com/Seinfeld/

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Here's where I got the rest of the info-I think they are just talking about the magazine-oops-sorry

From NY Daily News 10/22:

NEW 'SEINFELD' MANIA

When the first three seasons of "Seinfeld" are released on DVD next month, the big event will spur Entertainment Weekly to publish two special issues.
Both will focus on TV shows collected on DVDs - a craze due to generate more than $2 billion in video sales this year, Daily Variety reported this week.

However, one of EW's two issues will be available only in Best Buy stores. It'll be customized to include material from EW's fanatically detailed guides to "Seinfeld," which ceased production in 1998.

A 26-page guide to the first 148 episodes, published in 1997, won EW a National Magazine Award in 1998, when the mag produced a stand-alone "Seinfeld" issue that remained on sale for three months.

It noted, among other things, that rubber-limbed Kramer swung through the door to Jerry's apartment a total of 284 times through the next-to-last episode.

In May, a special EW on "The Lord of the Rings" was given at Best Buy to those who bought videos of the third movie in the series.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
The Raiders of the Lost Arc Best Buy DVD is 10 minutes Running Time. It's not a documentary with interviews, but a selection of Behind the Scenes footage. They're totally different of the ones founds in the Bonus Material DVD of the set and are really interresting.

eBay selled some copies at the DVD Release, maybe some sellers will add some copies in the future.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
quote:R2-D2 was not an exclusive, they just had a deal to get that for free if you pre-ordered.

The Artoo DVD most certainly was an exclusive, when Best Buy stores started selling it on the day after Christmas in 2002.

I've seen it at a Suncoast store just a few weeks ago, so it's not an exclusive anymore, but it definitely was at first, for at least a few months.

------------------------------------

Best Buy also had a DVD sampler of some of the Fox TV shows from this past summer. It came out in June, around the same time that the fourth season of The Simpsons was released. The cover is a picture of the skanks from Simple Life 2.

Porfirio

Second Unit

If I remember correctly, R2-D2: Beneath the Dome originally was intended to be a Suncoast exclusive, but eventually that didn't happen. Anyway, I remember pre-ordering and receiving it from Suncoast before Best Buy started selling it.

Porfirio

Second Unit
I can't recall which of the three volumes, but Ninja Scroll: The Series had a BB Exclusive Bonus Content DVD (inside the case).

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Coming March 28, 2005 (Monday), Best Buy will offer a Sin City DVD free with any entertainment title purchase. On the DVD is:

-"Scenes from Sin City" - Complete 6 1/2 minute ComicCon sneak preview (w/ topless Carla Gugino).
-"Behind the scenes of Sin City" - Doc with interviews with Frank Miller, Robert Rodrigez, Quentin Tarantino and cast members. Features many pre-SFX greenscreen shots, footage from the trailer as well as footage not from the trailers, and comparisons to the graphic novel.
-"Sin City Teaser Trailer" (1st one).
-"Now on DVD" with trailers for 7 Miramax films.
-"Coming to DVD" with trailers for 5 Miramax films.

I picked this up early : ) and it's a very impressive disc. It is non-Anamorphic and DD Pro Logic, but when compared to seeing it on the internet, it's thousands of times better. Don't get me wrong, the quality is excellent however. And it's great to see all of the detail and visual quality of this excellent looking film unhampered by the compression of PC movie formats.

The behind the scenes doc is very similiar to the one on Yahoo. But there are some stuff arranged differently and I think this one is a little shorter. The disc menus features promo shots of the characters and has the Cells music from the trailer accompanying it.

Also included in the package are many coupons good for a total of $50 off certain Miramax titles such as when you buy 2 or 3, and so on.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
To those arguing whether "Beneath The Dome" was a Best Buy exclusive or not, I have to inform you that Best Buy owns Suncoast, Sam Goody, MusicLand, On Cue, Media Play and Future Shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks