What's new

All in The Family Digipack Terrible (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I think I found a worse case than a snapper ! At least a snapper lets go of the Disk without bending it all to hell while you try to press a nonexistant button. This baby is definately seeing a new case. Who at Sony thought of using these ? They Stink.

Btw these episodes don't look bad conmsidering the Source and I can forgive te picture on my 32" set, I won't chance it on my 65" Wide mits I'm afraid what it would look like, any how I watch most of the 4x3 stuff on the 32"

I watched the first two eps. The first was hilarious, the 2ndep was kindof awful, Dream Sequences in AITF????? Then I saw it was written by Fred Frieberger geez how long that hack stayed on board ?? Probably not long I remember most eps being like the 1st very good. I guess it takesalot of series time to find itself, too bad today they get cancelled before they can.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Dave Scarpa.........
YES! You've got that right! This hub design is not good!
I'm wondering WHY these type designs won't let you grab the disc on each side?!! They put 4 recessed areas around the disc, but then totally negate 2 of the recessed areas by blocking them with an additional wall of plastic so that it's impossible to grab the disc with both fingers!! Why, oh why? :thumbsdown:
IMO, the BEST hubs are Warners. Very easy to remove, with actual recessed areas NOT blocked by a plastic wall!! Warner makes it easy to grab opposite ends of a given disc!
But these AITF hubs suck! Placing the discs BACK onto the hubs is also annoying. I fear breakage at this point as well. Plus there's also that awful "nails on a chalkboard" type of scraping that occurs when the discs are returned to their homes.
The Simpsons hubs aren't much better either (once more: WHY even put in those "finger slots" when you're going to block the bottom 2 with another piece of plastic? Illogical design.)
Give me a Warner hub any day!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Huh...I'm not having that level of trouble, guys! They come off easy enough (and go back on, too) for me.

Okay, I just walked over and grabbed my set, and tried removing each of the 3 discs. They all came off fine. The method I found myself naturally using was to pull up at the edge with the tip of my forefinger at any of the four recesses, while simultaneously using my thumb to press in on the center hub.

Pops right off...smoothly!

I'll agree that we could have had a much better package overall, but I just can't bring myself to complain about the hubs. The discs are secure enough to stay on when they're supposed to and come off easily enough for me, as I just described. Sorry you're having so much trouble with yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks