What's new

ALF is Back! (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Well, sort of. He's appearing with Terry Bradshaw on a comercial for one of those long distance phone companies... you know, the kind that offer long phone calls for about a buck but only indicate in the small and briefly shown disclaimer at the bottom of the screen that you need also to pay a large monthly service fee as well.
Anyways, ALF still has a love for cats.... yummy! :D

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I saw that the other night. We were both wondering why they picked Alf to do it. As far as I know he is not popular or is making some sort of come back... is he?

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
Alf was a great show. I wish Nick at Nite would show it. I seem to remember it being on the Oddessey channel when I visited my parents who have a Dish. It would be great to have some kind of Alf Special.

BTW how did the show end I can't remember, thanks

Michael*K

Screenwriter
We were both wondering why they picked Alf to do it.
Not having seen the commercial, I can only imagine that they wanted to tie in the martketing that long distace dialing is cheaper through 1-800-whatever even if you're calling from faraway lands like Melmac. And as far as advertising dollars go, A.L.F. probably came cheaper than E.T. would have. ;)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Hey, don't knock ALF, people... I have a few clips from the show on my computer, and you'd be amazed how many people on Kazza that download those every day!:eek:
That fake a news a while ago about the show coming to DVD got quite a few comments here too. I wish it had been real. :)
/Mike

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I love Alf. I'd have dinner with him over Terry Bradshaw any day.

Pass the kitty.

Jon

AaronP

Stunt Coordinator
have you guys heard about the stuff that the guy who played the dad on Alf has gotten himself into? its nasty.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
have you guys heard about the stuff that the guy who played the dad on Alf has gotten himself into? its nasty.
Last I saw, he played Mr. Denby on the defunct 'Norm.' Also, he played Drew Carrey's stomach in a dream. Has something happened since then?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
John, National Enquirer published some pretty sad pictures of "Alf's dad" smoking crack and having sex with some guy a while ago.

/Mike

Jaime m

Agent
" Hey Alf's dad don't smoke crack, after these comercials we'll be right back!" HA!

ahem... That is kind of sad about the crack. Hopefully if they ever do a comeback show that they don't do "a very special Alf" about the dad.Good night.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Don't know about smoking crack and having gay sex, but more ALF is a good thing, hehe. Damn I loved that show when I was a kid.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I used to love ALF when I was a kid. I had all the ALF merchandise they made. Stuffed animals, shirts, coloring books, books, Burger King Kids' Meal toys, everything. Pathetic, I know. I've heard about this commercial, but haven't seen it yet. I wish a network other than Hallmark would show it, though, here in the States because I don't get Hallmark. Ah well.
Trivia note: The show's creator, and voice of ALF, Paul Fusco is originally from the Connecticut town where I live.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
RE: Crack and Gay Sex for Mr. Denby.

Short of references to the Enquirer article, I found nothing of this. There was a DWI arrest in '00. All other remarks I've found start with "as seen in the Enquirer." Howard Stern asked Artie [Lang] about it, but Artie didn't say anything one way or the other.

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Umm... ALF is back on.... I think the Hallmark Channel. I couldn't honestly tell you what channel it's on, because I only see it when my Tivo tapes it... but it's definatly been on recently.

More signs that the 80's are back! YEAHHH!!!

Jim

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
James, ALF is, indeed, on Hallmark (formerly Odyssey). Unfortunately, though, my cable company only carries it from midnight -> noon, when it switches over to EWTN for the rest of the day.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
I remember why I watched ALF-

I was a big fan of Andrea Elison- I loved her when she did that show "WHiz Kids" about a bunch of hackers. (and the hackers were the GOOD GUYS!!).

Granted- Its 20 years later, and Whiz Kids is probobly alot worse then I remember it.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks