What's new

akai aa-1200 receiver (1 Viewer)

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if anyone will be able to help me with this. I have an old akai aa-1200 receiver. It was made in the 70s. I think cost around $700 back then. I love it and it works great powering a tempest and does it very easily. Now im thinking of getting a tumult but the thing is that the tumult is dvc 2ohm. Well to get any decent power i would put 1 voice coil on 1 channel and then the other voice coil on the other channel. Now the problem is could this receiver run a 2ohm nominal load on each channel. Were the old receivers able to do this. I dont have the manual so i couldn't see if they mention it in there or not.
Thanks for your time.

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
I guess no one has a clue. Thats alright. I wonder if akai will email me back and have any information about it. Thanks anyhow.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I would strongly suggest you post this over at the Vintage section of Audioasylum.com. The inmates there may have the info you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks