What's new

after mash dvd set (1 Viewer)

billGR

Agent
hi everyone good evening once all the the mash seasons dvd sets are complete in stores. will they consider putting the spin off to mash called after mash on dvd im just wondering. thanks bill please keep in touch ok:)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I never seen a single episode of it either... I would blind buy it though! :D

Wasn't there also another spin-off... I think for Trapper... after he left the show? if so... I wouldn't mind blind buying that one too.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
AfterMASH made it through most of 2 seasons. Somehow seeing Colonel Potter, Klinger, and Father Mulcahy working in a big-city VA hospital in the 1950s didn't quite work. I saw most or all of the episodes when CBS first aired it from 1983 to 1984, and it wasn't particularly memorable. Every story had Klinger cooking up some scheme and Potter trying to maintain order in the hospital. So what else is new? :thumbsdown:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I saw the first 5 or 6 episodes when the show AfterMASH came out. It was BAD. Course everyone has different opinions, but trust me if it was good it would show up in some syndication package. Shows that had less episodes are still seen. The Trapper spin off wasn't really a spin off except for the name Trapper John M.D. Not a bad show, and it did run quite a few years. Pernel (sp?) Roberts of Bonanza played Trapper. It was an hour long medical show.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree as well. The studio was just looking for a new ratings hit after MASH ended its run. I remember some of the episodes and while I can't fault the actors but when you have bad writing it does have the tendency to rub off on the actors.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
There was another show called "Trapper John, M.D." which starred Pernell Roberts as a middle-aged Trapper John and was set in the present day (late-1970s to mid-1980s)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
if AfterM*A*S*H comes to DVD, I wonder if W*A*L*T*E*R would also be included

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
It deserves to be seen. I hear it was bad; never saw it, to decide for myself. There are 30 episodes over one and one-half seasons; the last ep was never aired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks