What's new

Adire Audio HE12.1 (1 Viewer)

Jonathan T

Second Unit
Todd Krieger over at He asylum wrote a review of the HE10.1s. He guessed that these speakers (and the 12.1s as well) would probably expose the shortcommings of a lesser solid state based system. Now, I want to buy the HE12.1s and use an Onkyo TX-SVS15PROII with a SONY CDP-C515 as the source. The Onkyo, does stereo well, but the Cd player is a "budget" player. I would have gone for between 100 and 200 when it was new. Do any of you think the source would drasticly effect the sound? I will be upgrading the source to a good universal player as soon as I get the $$$.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I read the review on the 10.1s in the magazine Audio Express. According to them, they are arn't top notch when it comes to audiophile sound quality. They scored an average of like 6-7 out of 10.

I do think that they will reveal the source fairly well due to the sensitivity and that they probably sound closer to pro audio equiptment than home. However, I can't say for sure because I've never heard them myself.

I highly doubt that the CD player will make a drastic difference.

Jonathan T

Second Unit
Chris, I've heard most people say that they were very good, and 2 say that they were good but had some appearent weekspots. I'm just stuck here, I don't know of anyone that has a pair of these in my area. Anyone else want to chime in here?

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Apparently the Audioxpress review left a lot to be desired. Given my experience with the Kit281s and the rave reviews other established members have given the HE10.1/12.1, I think you could be very happy with them, especially if you are looking for a nice fun and dynamic speaker. As for driving them with a cheap source... that doesn't mean they won't sound good!

I think you can disregard the majority of that review in Audio Express. One of the tweeters was wired out of phase during all of the subjective tests and Joe D'Appolito noted the difference in frequency response (which any two bit speaker designer would know was a tweeter polarity issue) and did nothing two fix it. I think the review also missed the point of the speaker. It's main goals were a

Jonathan T

Second Unit
Ok guys, thanks a bunch, seems they will do well for me. Anyone else can post a reply, the more the better.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
keep us up to date on how the sound and how easy they were to make, i am starting to get in the market for some biger speakers and i love the idea of high efficency. and they seem very reasonable for the price

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks