Adire Audio Dharman or SVS 2531 subwoofers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martice, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Jan 20, 2001
    I have a 11 x 14 x 8 ft high room. I am using PSB Goldi's for mains and am looking at one of 3 subs. One is the Adire Audio Dharman 12" sub, the SVS 2531cs and the Parts Express DVC 15" unit. I'm purchasing the Outlaw audio ICBM so that I may run my sub when playing music as well as movies. During movies I plan to use the sub as a bottom feeder and during music, I'm thinking to use it just to thicken things up a bit. I would like to get a sub that is versatile enough to do both movies and music in a respectable way.
    Any input on either of these subs would be appreciated.
    What if it gets no better than this!?!
  2. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Hi Martice: I think I know you.
    You want accurate sound reporoduction above all else. In that case, you want either a SVS or Dharman sub. Now... it gets tough. IMO, if corner placement and mono sub is tantamount; get the SVS Ultra. If stereo subs and non-corner placement is king... check out both the Dharman and the SVS 20-39pc. IF stereo placement, or mono placement is not available, check with each company...
    Good luck and have fun listening!
    Still... knowing you though... you'd want a stereo pair of Rel Studio 2s. In that case, check out SVS SS pairs... [​IMG]
    Take Care,
    God Bless America!!!
    [Edited last by John Morris on October 20, 2001 at 10:28 PM]