What's new

Added my second Paradigm Servo-15 sub (1 Viewer)

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up a second Paradigm servo-15 last week and watched TPM last night. Thought the house was going to fall over!! My room is quite large and the addition of the second sub has really filled in the bass. I am using the X-30 crossover to control both subs, took some tweaking, but it does sound great!
------------------

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Congrats.
I have a SVS 20-39PC which is comparable to your Servo15.
Down the road I may get a second one but for I'm pretty happy with my single sub.
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
MyHTSetup

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
Lou,
I was thinking of adding an SVS, but got a great deal on the second servo from my dealer. With the state of our loonie and the customs and shipping fees, this worked out to be the cheaper alternative. And I don't feel I sacrificed anything by getting the servo instead of the
20-39PC, both are great units.
------------------

Miles_W

Second Unit
Michael If you don't mind could you tell me how much you paid... I maybe in the market for another and need a ballpark price. you can email me if you would rather not post it!
thanks
Miles
------------------
Miles
DarkSide Member since(93)

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Jens,
Barring something unusual...it's usual best to stay with the same model sub as you expand the woofage. since you alreayd have one servo15 and it's among the better subwoofers you can get...there's little reason to look elsewhere.(unless there's something you don't like about the 15?) Of course...cost will factor into it...to a large degree too.(you don't want to add a second servo15 if you can get a Vleodyne HGS18 for the same cost for example).
TV

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
I have heard alot of subwoofers and the Servo-15 is one of the very few commercial subwoofers that I have ownwed.
IMO a 15" driver sealed servo controlled sub simply cannot be compared to a 12" driver vented subwoofer no matter what the output.
I build my own subwoofers now but if I were going to purchase another commercial unit it would be a Servo-15.
You made a damn fine choice to run two of these and I could'nt imagine one needing any more bass that what two of these can do in a moderatly large room.
------------------
James' DIY speakers

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Way to go Michael!..
Great choice in adding that second servo-15 to the room.
Now you will feel the bass impact consistently from the seating area.
BTW,,The Parasound HCA-3500 is doing great in it's new home..Sure acted as a furnace to the room for the first couple of weeks. :)
------------------
Trevor..
Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated pictures due to recent upgrades!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks