What's new

Adcom GTP-860 II (1 Viewer)

Eric D Wong

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all, I'm considering buying a Adcom GTP-860II for the heart of my new HT system. I debated between this one- the outlaw and the Sony TA-E9000ES. However turn offs of the outlaw- no SACD input or RS232 connector. Turn offs of the Sony- no component video switching, not 7.1 channel, no SACD input either.
I dont need a ton of DSP or sonic hologophic soundfield DSP's or flashy displays, but I do need versitility.
I searched around and then forgot that my favorite home stereo amp maker makes preamps too- adcom. I looked at the 880, but dang, too expensive and does a little _too much_ for my needs, then the 930, but that didnt do enough, but I then found the GTP860II, it looked perfect. Right amount of digital inputs which are assignable (but NO digital outputs unfortunately), video inputs, switching between 2 component video sources. 7 channel surround, external 5 channel input, multi zone outputs, 12 volt trigger outputs, so far its perfect.

Downfalls- no digital outs, no tone control bypass and the face is bright silver.

So can anybody else shed some light or offer a similar product to the GTP830?

Damn this hobby is too expensive haha.

gregD

Second Unit
Am pretty sure the Adcom comes in black as well as silver...

Also in the same neighborhood, price- and feature-wise, are Rotel, NAD, Sherbourn... Rotel for sure has digital outs.

Audition extensively wherever possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks