Acurus - What's the correct pronunciation for it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Haynes, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

Kind of silly question but I'm looking to buy a Acurus 200x3 and want to make sure that I'm saying Acurus correctly.
    Is it...ack-u-rus, like the car Acuru. I'm hope someone can help me so I'm saying it correctly.
    Also what's a fair price for this amp. I have guy that is willing to sell it to me for $575 shipped. Seems like a really good deal.
    He said that he fixed the blinking problem with the amp. Can someone elaborate what led problems there has been with this amp. The amp seems like a winner with all the positive reviews and I want to make I know all the negatives with the amp. Like the LED blinking problem. Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

greg:

i believe you are pronouncing it correctly.

kevin t

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

That's a good question. I personally pronounce it a-CUR-us. (I took a lot of years of French in high school and college. The emphasis on the 2nd syllable stuck. [​IMG] ) But methinks that I have heard others more often pronounce it like you: ACK-ur-us.
    I have 2 A200x3's for a 6.1 system. Acurus gear rocks. Their customer service rocks. Hopefully Klipsch/Mondial Designs brings back the name someday...

4. DaveW

DaveW Auditioning

I have a 200x3 and a A250 for my HT. Both have a periodic blinking of the green led on the power switch. It does not affect performance at all. Mondial (before the Klipsch acquisition) sent me a new power switch but I have never got around to installing it - really no big deal. That is a great price on that amp. I'd jump on it if I were you.
    Dave

5. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

ACK-YOUR-US

6. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

AK-YUR-US, with a long U in the middle.

7. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

Thanks everyone. I guess I was saying it correctly. Now I need to see about picking one of these amps up. For $575 the A200x3 seems like a winner. The will be first step with going to external amps. Currently I have a Denon 3802, I hope to have the A200x3 power the front and leave the Denon to power the rear's and sides.

8. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Greg, is this the A200x3 or the 200x3 that you are getting for $575. If it is the former, then that is one heck of a deal. The A-line I believe is a little better made than the regular line of amps, with a little more depth and punch in the low level. And if you are getting this amp for less than $1 per watt, that is a great deal. I think that you will have this amp for a long time.