What's new

Acurus - What's the correct pronunciation for it? (1 Viewer)

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Kind of silly question but I'm looking to buy a Acurus 200x3 and want to make sure that I'm saying Acurus correctly.
Is it...ack-u-rus, like the car Acuru. I'm hope someone can help me so I'm saying it correctly.
Also what's a fair price for this amp. I have guy that is willing to sell it to me for $575 shipped. Seems like a really good deal.
He said that he fixed the blinking problem with the amp. Can someone elaborate what led problems there has been with this amp. The amp seems like a winner with all the positive reviews and I want to make I know all the negatives with the amp. Like the LED blinking problem. Thanks in advance :)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
That's a good question. I personally pronounce it a-CUR-us. (I took a lot of years of French in high school and college. The emphasis on the 2nd syllable stuck. :) ) But methinks that I have heard others more often pronounce it like you: ACK-ur-us.
I have 2 A200x3's for a 6.1 system. Acurus gear rocks. Their customer service rocks. Hopefully Klipsch/Mondial Designs brings back the name someday...

DaveW

Auditioning
I have a 200x3 and a A250 for my HT. Both have a periodic blinking of the green led on the power switch. It does not affect performance at all. Mondial (before the Klipsch acquisition) sent me a new power switch but I have never got around to installing it - really no big deal. That is a great price on that amp. I'd jump on it if I were you.
Dave

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Thanks everyone. I guess I was saying it correctly. Now I need to see about picking one of these amps up. For $575 the A200x3 seems like a winner. The will be first step with going to external amps. Currently I have a Denon 3802, I hope to have the A200x3 power the front and leave the Denon to power the rear's and sides.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Greg, is this the A200x3 or the 200x3 that you are getting for $575. If it is the former, then that is one heck of a deal. The A-line I believe is a little better made than the regular line of amps, with a little more depth and punch in the low level. And if you are getting this amp for less than $1 per watt, that is a great deal. I think that you will have this amp for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks