What's new

Acoustic Research Banana plugs - which for 12 ga. ? (1 Viewer)

PomingF

Second Unit
If they are the ones priced @ 4/$8.99 (with red & black rubber sleeves) then yes they can take 12g wire.

PF

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
They would work with your standard 12Ga wires like the one you get from home depot and stuff. However, I noticed that some 12Ga wires are much much thicker than others. So, you might want to check. I've used them only with the standard 12ga wires and they are pretty good.

John_Quincy

Agent
I'm going to get the 12 ga wire from Partsexpress.com. Anyone know if this stuff is safe for in wall installation?
Sound King
[EDIT]
This stuff is NOT for in wall installation. I am going to try the Carol wire since it is CL3 rated and 12 gauge. Better to not take any chances.
[EDIT]
Thanks,
John

Brian Treinen

Stunt Coordinator
Brian / John,

That's the setup I'm going with as well. I've searched around and PE has about the best price I could find for banana plugs, wall plates and the Carol type cable. We're building a new room and for WAF purposes I'm going to run the surround wires through the wall and out via wall plates. Glad to hear the stuff is robust!

EugeneM

Grip
AR HT407 are MUCH better IMO. I bought these and 307 to try,

and built my cables arouns 407. 407 is compression type

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks