What's new

Accessing 56H80's internal test patterns (1 Viewer)

Jason_H

Second Unit
Hey,

I feel dumb. I have a Toshiba 56H80 RPTV. I have looked through a lot of walkthroughs for adjusting the geometry of Toshiba TVs. The ones I have seen say that once you get into service mode, to use the "TV/Video" button on your remote to cycle through the internal test patterns. Maybe different Toshiba TVs have this button, but I do not have a "TV/Video" button on my remote. The closest thing I have is a "TV/VCR" button, but that seems to have no effect. And yes, I have unplugged all cables inputting into Video1, the input I'm trying to use. Is there something I am missing to access these internal patterns for my particular TV? Help! I want to tweak this thing, but I'm stuck. I would like to mess with correcting the overscan before I start messing with the convergence.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
There are no internal test patterns on the XH80 series. This is a typo (actually just leftover info from the previous series which did have the patterns).

You need to use the Video Essentials or Avia test patterns. So, no you aren't crazy, they aren't there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks