What's new

A pet peeve of mine: unoriginal movies (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of unoriginal movies, does anyone remember the rash (literally) of Pulp Fictionesqe films that were released following PF's success?
I wish I could find some Pulp Fiction rip-offs. I hear of them from time to time, but nobody names them. I like PF enough that I might enjoy some rip-offs.

Paul P

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
But wasn't AI originally started by Kubrick, and Spielberg took over, trying to finish it as Kubrick would have done it. Homage if I ever saw it.

RobR

Second Unit
But wasn't AI originally started by Kubrick, and Spielberg took over, trying to finish it as Kubrick would have done it. Homage if I ever saw it.
Kubrick has never made the same movie twice. Sure, he used the same styles and techniques, but he has never included a subtlety found in his previous films (such as the ACO scene that Spielberg used in AI). AI would've been a completely different film had Kubrick directed it. I just found the subtleties in AI distracting and wish Spielberg followed his own vision.

Jamie E

Stunt Coordinator
I wish I could find some Pulp Fiction rip-offs. I hear of them from time to time, but nobody names them. I like PF enough that I might enjoy some rip-offs.
Well, if you must, try Link Removed. Blech! :thumbsdown:
On the other hand, if you want to see some good movies in the Pulp Fiction vein, try Link Removed (script by Tarantino), Link Removed, and Link Removed.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Well, if you must, try 2 Days in the Valley. Blech! On the other hand, if you want to see some good movies in the Pulp Fiction vein, try True Romance (script by Tarantino), Go, and The Limey.
Thanks. I've seen all of them and own 2 Days and True Romance. Honestly, I don't see much in them that makes me think Pulp Fiction but at least I know what people are referring to now. I kinda see it in 2 Days. Pulp Fiction stands way above them, though.
BTW, anytime they want to release Jackie Brown on DVD, fine by me.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I remember when 2 Days in the Valley came out, on the cover it had "Out Pulp's, Pulp Fiction" :laugh: . Makes you wonder what drugs some people take.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks