What's new

A number of XBox/PS2 titles on sale at Circuit City this week (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Their latest circular shows several XBox titles (Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham Racing, Blood Omen 2, and Wreckless) for $19.99 a pop. On the PS2 front, there's Midnight Club Street Racing ($14.99) and Burnout, Pac-Man Fever, Tony Hawk 3, Rayman Arena, Myst III Exile, Blood Omen 2, and Gran Turismo 3 for $19.99 each.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I picked up both Rallisport Challenge and Project Gotham Racing for $20 apiece. Not a bad deal at all.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
project gotham really isn't bad at all for twenty.. is wreckless any good though is what im wondering..

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I picked up Rallysport.
I bought Wreckless when it was released and I liked it. Graphically it is amazing and the gameplay isn't that bad at all. The only disappointments are that it is too short and that there isn't a free roam feature. Of course all of these shortcomings are being fixed with the PS2 version. :angry:

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Bob and Matt, Wreckless is either a love it or hate it game. I myself enjoy it quite a bit, the main complaint with the game is that it mixes racing and platforming and the platforming parts can be a little overwhelming at times. As Jason pointed out, the game is gorgeous and IMO is worth $20 alone just to see it in action.

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Thanks for the heads up on this. Picked up Rallisport today. Rented it and enjoyed, but I'm normally not a big racer fan. At $20 I just couldn't resist.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
For anyone thinking of picking up Blood Omen 2, I'd say go for it. It's not graphically superior to most games out there, but it's fun and offers a pretty good challenge. You may especially like it if you are into "gothic" games like Castlevania or Devil May Cry. I picked it up a few months ago for $19 and sold it to Electronics Botique yesterday for $12. I enjoyed it much more than the $7 I paid.

As a side note, Project Gotham and Rallysport are steals at that price!

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I agree with that as well. If you like racing titles, picking up Rallysport and PGR for $20 each is a great deal.
I debated Wreckless and Blood Omen 2, but figured I have enough titles already. :)
Glen

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info :emoji_thumbsup:
Hit my local CC at lunch today and picked up Rallisport for 20 bucks. They were out of Blood Omen 2 and I have the other 2 already, but he did say to check back in a few days for BO2. I figure they'd at least have to be worth the $20.
One note - in store they were all still on display with all the regular titles, and all still marked at full price of 49.99. When I brought it to the register and explained the price I saw on the web site, they did a price check and it automatically rang at 19.99. So don't let the stickers fool you.

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to chime in on this... Blood Omen 2 is alot of fun (especially the vampire powers) but it is very linear. If you liked Soul Reaver 1 or 2 I think you'd like Blood Omen 2. As for Project Gotham, Wreckless and the others: All are solid games, graphically Wreckless is amazing and it does play well... just gets a little tedious I thought with the "always timed missions" and Project Gotham is a STEAL at $20. :)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
hrmm...never liked PGR too much, but never really gave it a chance. Im thinking for 20 bucks its damn worth it!!

(wonder if BestBuy will be having similar sales?)

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tip....My CC was the same way as reported...Not marked on sale, regular priced....Circular didnt have it listed as on sale either...But at the cash register it rang up $19.99.....Picked up Project Gotham Racing (already had Rallysport)....

Really appreciate the tip Adam....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks