What's new

A Life Less Ordinary Special Edition? (1 Viewer)

DanRevill

Agent
As of late I have been able to find A Life Less Ordinary on Dvd in the local shops. They say they can still order it but I was wondering if Fox is planning on doing a special edition of this flick, cos it's certainly one of the funnier movies to come out in the past 5 years. I'd hate to pick up the bare bones only to hear that there's a spec. ed. comin out...Anyone know anything about it?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I haven't heard anything about a SE. And, I doubt if this is a title that is going to get reworked anytime soon. Pick up the current edition.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

M

MaxY

I doubt it will get reworked.
It is one of my favorite movies though and it always seems to get overlooked. It has a great sound track as well.
The whole movie is just pure fun. I like to think of it as Pulp Fiction meets Love Story. :)
It seems to always get underrated and compared unfavorable to Trainspoting. I don't know what it is that people have against this movie.
Max
------------------
Maxsig.gif

Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
After seeing Shallow Grave, the film A Life Less Ordinary cemented Ewan Macgregor as someone I will always try to catch. Even when he fails, it's interesting to watch. The dance number between him and the blonde whom I don't find attractive was great.
------------------
Chris Beveridge
Webmaster, www.animeondvd.com
Animation and stories for those who like to think outside of the Disney box

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
This is a fantastic film! And as Max said, the soundtrack is great too. A highly under-rated gem.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Yep, one of my faves, too. What I wouldn't do for and anamorphic transfer and a DD5.1 track!

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
I remember reading somewhere that the American version was severly cut compared to the UK version. If so, I know that I would like the UK cut.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I just watched this movie again, it's so great, one of my favorites, mainly because of Delroy Lindo and Holly Hunter, and the excellent compilation of songs/music, best one has to be Deeper River by Dusted that plays during the final confrontation, when Ian Holm's character thinks the dead bodies are moving.

What I wouldn't do for and anamorphic transfer and a DD5.1 track!
R2 DVD IS anamorphic AND has a DD5.1 track. I just looked it up myself and was surprised, I must have gotten this DVD a while ago before I went multi-region as I always make sure I'm getting the best DVD version in the world, or it recently came out in UK.

Regarding SE, I haven't heard anything either but R2 has some extras as well!

Production featurette

Interview clips with cast and crew

Behind the scenes footage

Booklet with biographies

Looks like I'll be buying it soon!

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
The R2 release (unless it's been re-released recently unbeknownst to me), was one of the first R2 DVDs. The compression quality is simply awful. There's mosquito noise everywhere. Apart from the terrible encoding, the print itself was in very good shape.

I should note that the R2 AR is different from my NTSC LD - it's 1.85:1 (LD was 2.35:1) - looks to me like it was shot in Super35 (spit) and the matte was opened up. I'm not sure if this was director-approved or not.

We need a Region 1 SE DVD!

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I never had a problem with the 2.35:1 transfers on the R1 DVD & laser, and the 1.85:1 R2 DVD seems to be framed pretty well too. Definitely seems like a Super35 shoot to me. I have an AVI file of a deleted scene where Celine is teaching Robert to shoot a gun. I hope we can see a nice SE with some of these deleted scenes one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks