What's new

A Good Video Card For Future Monitor W/DVI ? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
All this talk about LCD monitors is making me feel upiddy. What's a good video card with a DVI output on it? For $150? for $200? Also, I may be out of PCI slots leaving AGP only if that helps.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i have the msi ti4400 (128mb) video card. i'm pretty happy with it. cost me about 200. it has the dvi output you'll be requiring.

Also, I may be out of PCI slots leaving AGP only if that helps.
i'm not sure about this, but don't most new generation video cards utilize the AGP port exclusively?

Zenas

Agent
Given your price range, I recommend a GF4 Ti4200 or Radeon 8500 (not the LE!!!) based board, with 128MB of RAM if possible. They will almost definitely have at least one DVI port, so you'll be good to go!

DavidVTHokie

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah - I'd go GeForce4 if I were you. What I picked up was the PNY GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB at BestBuy for $169. The 128MB card is a bit more, so this seemed the sweet spot for price/performance. The bonus with this card is the memory is clocked at a faster data rate than the 128MB card, so it keeps up with it's bigger brother speed wise.

The other thing was, it was a snap to put in.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks