What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ John Ford: Dreaming the Quiet Man -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

As a post St. Paddy's Day special, I thought it appropriate to discuss Se Merry Doyle's 2012 documentary on the production of The Quiet Man.  Mr. Doyle's work is new to me, but not to others, as he's been creating quality documentary films for a couple of decades.

Dreaming takes us back to the locations, and spends quality time (we have 92 minutes) interviewing many of those who were there during the shoot, as well as many other Irish interviewees, among them Miss O'Hara, Mr. O'Scorsese, Jim Sheridan and Mr. O'Bogdanovich.  The film is meticulously narrated by Gabriel Byrne.

Accessing great behind the scenes material, Mr. Doyle literally brings it all back home.

A quality documentary, lovingly created, and a must-own for any fan of the film.

Recommended

RAH

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just saw this title while researching next week's RoundUp and was wondering about it.

I will wonder no longer. :biggrin:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Ordered it last night, after watching (well, take a guess) and having it on my mind. Looking forward to it.

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Have not seen that documentary yet, but if memory serves, someone I knew who was a dedicated devotee of The Quiet Man, told me many years ago, that at the location where filming took place in Ireland, people agreed to a delay in getting electricity, for the benefit of the film being able to more realistically depict the era in which it was set.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
My copy arrived yesterday and I ate up every frame last night. A beautiful tribute to Ford, the film, and the people and places. Ranks right up there with the greatest Hollywood documentaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks