What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Ghostbusters: Answer the Call -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The new Ghostbusters, with it's all-female lead cast has some wonderful things going for it.

Dolby Atmos.

A beautiful 4k (up-rezzed from 2) UHD Blu-ray with HDR.

And the interesting concept of creating an anamorphic production, with 3D effects moving into the entire 1.78 frame.

Lastly, and probably most important to future 4k / BD / 3D releases, Ghostbusters has broken the barrier, which for whatever rationale disallowed a 3D copy along with a 4k and a BD.

Other than that, I'm at a loss to find much good about it, especially for a price tag of 150 million dollars.

There's definitely some talent involved, but the four lead actresses seemingly either can't act, can't act based upon an awful screenplay, or can't act whilst being directed by their director, Paul Feig, whose work I enjoyed on Bridesmaids.

I'd never call a film a waste of 4k.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

A waste of 4k

RAH

Last edited:

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
The new Ghostbusters, with it's all-female lead cast has some wonderful things going for it.

Dolby Atmos.

A beautiful 4k (up-rezzed from 2) UHD Blu-ray with HDR.

And the interesting concept of creating an anamorphic production, with 3D effects moving into the entire 1.78 frame.

Other than that, I'm at a loss to find much good about it, especially for a price tag of 150 million dollars.

There's definitely some talent involved, but the four lead actresses seemingly either can't act, can't act based upon an awful screenplay, or can't act whilst being directed by their director, Paul Feig, whose work I enjoyed on Bridesmaids.

I'd never call a film a waste of 4k.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

A waste of 4k

RAH

But not a waste for 3D I assume. Disc is getting high marks for that...and probably the only reason I'd pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks