What's new

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Saw the documentary thanks to my local library. I liked it a lot with a nice blend of interviews, photos, and her films. I hope more folks will know about her place in film history. There is a book Fort Lee: The Film Town and a dvd The Champion both by Richard Koszarski which talks about Fort Lee NJ and the early film studios and Alice Guy Blache did have her studio there.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I also saw this doc. on DVD (from my library) and thought it was excellent. Like many others, I had honestly never heard of Alice Guy-Blache before - despite being a huge film fan for many years. The doc. was fascinating, and made it extremely obvious that without AGB's work & influence, the film industry would not be what it is today. I was especially impressed by the quality of many of her short films.

This doc. is highly recommended to any film fan out there. IMHO you definitely owe it to yourself to see this.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wanted to bump this older thread because Be Natural will be airing on TCM tonight (Tuesday) and will be followed by a selection of Alice Guy-Blanche's surviving short films. If anyone hasn't seen the movie yet, it's absolutely worth watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks