What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The DaVinci Code / Angels & Demons -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I've noted in the past, that reviewing Columbia releases gets boring. Quality-wise, there's hardly anything negative to discuss.

Ever!

Same thing here with the two Dan Brown-based productions from director Ron Howard, and starring Tom Hanks.

The only decision I had to make was whether to run the films in my normal calibrated mode or in its brighter alternative.

Brighter it was, and that was it.

While I've not as yet seen Inferno, I've been a fan of the first two films, and these new 4k UHD / HDR release makes them appear to be projected 35mm film. Which would be appropriate.

Both were shot on film, and taken to 4k DIs, so everything here is not only perfect, but they're the latest in a very short list of potential reference discs.

Fun films, with an intelligent bent, and enough twists and turns to keep you off the mark for their two-hour plus running times.

Both beautifully shot by Salvatore Tortino.

Audio in Dolby Atmos, places every sound to perfection.

Image - 5*

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

4k - 5*

Upgrade Value - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Highly Recommended

RAH

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
I just saw 'Inferno' at the cinema recently and quite enjoyed it, more than the 2nd actually. I do wish Audrey Tautou was still involved in the series tho- so pretty.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I just saw 'Inferno' at the cinema recently and quite enjoyed it, more than the 2nd actually. I do wish Audrey Tautou was still involved in the series tho- so pretty.

Interestingly, Inferno was shot digitally, and finished in 2k.

Brian9229

Rushman
Real Name
Brian
Watched this today for the first time since upgrading my HT and it's a beauty alright. I indeed thought I was watching a new print. The HDR is pretty impressive as well, especially on such a large screen.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I like these two films, but Inferno left me cold. Perhaps I should give it another try. Trouble is everything DB writes now is basically: Something bad is going to happen, Langdon travels far and wide with a pretty girl (no romance) solving puzzle after puzzle, Langdon solves final puzzle, dissolve to black.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There’s a UK 4K release on Amazon US for about $47 shipped. Doesn’t fit my budget at the moment.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
However, despite the Amazon listing, Angels and Demons is region B only, per a reviewer.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks