What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Bishop's Wife -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Dave B Ferris said:
. . . even if the main buldings are closed, every executive or staffer worth his or her salt has a mobile device capable of receiving corporate email, right? At my work, we've been slowly rolling out "RDP" (Remote Desktop Protocol), allowing users to connect to (and control) the computer on their desktop from home.
I thought we abolished slavery long ago. :)

How glad I am that I no longer work in that kind of environment.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I am glad that I retired just as slavery was being reintroduced. When asked how I felt about retiring from my job in the corporate world, I simply said that my heavy chains had been removed, broken, and that I felt free for the first time in years. I still am, and so happy, while feeling sorry for those I left behind. :(

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
atfree said:
Just received a very nice email from Ms Bogard. My replacement disc is in the mail!
That's good to know. Perhaps I'll hear something soon too...

---------------

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I also wrote to Ms. Bogard a couple of weeks ago, and just received a reply that my disc is on it's way. Great service.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
cda1143 said:
I also wrote to Ms. Bogard a couple of weeks ago, and just received a reply that my disc is on it's way. Great service.
Agreed. I finally received confirmation that my replacement is on its way too. :thumbsup:

---------------

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Well, I resurrect this old forum. I bought the Blu-ray of The Bishop's Wife from Amazon.ca last week, pretty close to a year after it came out. Guess what I got? A defective disc where suddenly one minute Dudley is filing cards and the next minute standing outside a church. Oops!I have corresponded with Ms. Bogard. I will be curious to see what the resolution is. You would think Amazon, or Warners, would have gotten rid of these by now. That is why I waited so long before purchasing. Grrr!!!

Reactions: PMF

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A big thanks to Glenn on resurrecting this thread. I bought this last year, and missed the fact that WB had offered a replacement disc. I just sent out an email to Ms. Bogard. Let's hope we both hear good news soon.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Got a reply from Ms.Bongard today which says she is sending a new replacement disc in the mail. No need to return the other defective one (hear that Criterion?).

I'll let you know when I get it, but it looks like a happy ending. It helps to restore my faith in the world. Well, at least the Blu-ray world!

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
FYI, I just emailed Ms. Bogard as well. The copy I received today from Amazon had the (in)famous glitch.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
David_B_K said:
FYI, I just emailed Ms. Bogard as well. The copy I received today from Amazon had the (in)famous glitch.
Oh, that's pity that they're still sending these discs.
And i wanted to buy this for Christmas.
I live in Greece and I am not sure if they would send a replacement!

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, that's pity that they're still sending these discs.And i wanted to buy this for Christmas.I live in Greece and I am not sure if they would send a replacement!
Well I live in the UK and got a replacement disc from Ms Bogard last year. She was very helpful and little things like that go along way in terms of good public relations.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Its great that they promptly replace the defective disc but odd they haven't pulled Amazon's supply of the defective version after one year.
I got my replaced last year and it came within a few days so they are very good about.it.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Nick Eden said:
Well I live in the UK and got a replacement disc from Ms Bogard last year. She was very helpful and little things like that go along way in terms of good public relations.

Me too.
I got the defective disc from Amazon Canada last December - they use overnight couriers to the UK . I checked the disc and incredibly the replacement from Warner arrived before Xmas so I was able to enjoy my annual screening of the film as I only ever watch it BEFORE Xmas

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Garysb said:
Its great that they promptly replace the defective disc but odd they haven't pulled Amazon's supply of the defective version after one year.

I got my replaced last year and it came within a few days so they are very good about.it.
And still after YEAR TWO. I finally bought this as it was on sale for $12.50, and yep it's got the defect. I have no hope of a replacement this late in the game.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'd definitely give it a try, Mark. I actually believe they'll send you the replacement.

But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My wife and I just re-watched our copy a couple nights ago. I cracked open the case and found the replacement disc tucked safely alongside the original disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks