What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Rogue One: A Stars Wars Story -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Like many others are doing this week, we viewed 'Rogue I" and "A New Hope" back-to-back last night and it really makes "A New Hope" even more satisfying as a movie experience than it was before.

What about the "He doesn't like you" duo showing up in the Cantina on Tatooene right after they were incinerated on Jedha?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
For all we know they were on their way to a spaceship. They had plenty of time to leave the planet.

Yep, and in the Han Solo movie we will find out that it was the Millennium Falcon that they got on, and that's why Han was at the cantina in Ep. IV! :P

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
When I watch the film now I pretty much skip the first two thirds and go right to the last act.

My favorite character was Cassian. He was the heart and soul of the film for me,not Jyn. The rest of the characters were more annoying to me on subsequent viewings...especially Donnie Yen.

Have I mentioned how awesome the third act is?;)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Has Disney ever been the first to launch a new format? I don't recall them being at the front lines for BD in 2006, or DVD in 1997 either. This would seem in keeping with their history; they will stay on the sidelines until they are convinced that the technology is viable and mainstream.

Disney was a big backer -- really, THE big backer, though I think Fox had some interest too -- of Circuit City's vile DIVX pay-per-view self-destructing disc format. That was a complete and utter disaster (been to a Circuit City lately?), and I expect Disney wants nothing to do with early format adoption again.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Disney was a big backer -- really, THE big backer, though I think Fox had some interest too -- of Circuit City's vile DIVX pay-per-view self-destructing disc format. That was a complete and utter disaster (been to a Circuit City lately?), and I expect Disney wants nothing to do with early format adoption again.
It makes sense that Disney backed DIVX. They are the most money-grubbing corporation there is.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
While I liked parts of both The Force Awakens and Rogue One, I still don't like either one as much as Return Of The Jedi, which I know most people feel is the weakest of the OT. TFA had a few good moments (the last 5 minutes, specifically), but the direction was a sloppy, unfocused mess. R1 had a good last act, and it was fun how it led up to the beginning of Star Wars (aka Episode IV), but I found the first two-thirds of the film to be a bit dull, and yes, the characters were unmemorable.

Deride ROTJ if you must, but it had tight direction, a breathtaking pace and memorable characters, most of which I can't say about TFA and R1.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Deride ROTJ if you must, but it had tight direction, a breathtaking pace and memorable characters, most of which I can't say about TFA and R1.

I've gotta argue that a little bit, considering TFA is almost a straight remake of A New Hope and, by extension, has a lot of RotJ DNA in it.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
While I liked parts of both The Force Awakens and Rogue One, I still don't like either one as much as Return Of The Jedi, which I know most people feel is the weakest of the OT. TFA had a few good moments (the last 5 minutes, specifically), but the direction was a sloppy, unfocused mess. R1 had a good last act, and it was fun how it led up to the beginning of Star Wars (aka Episode IV), but I found the first two-thirds of the film to be a bit dull, and yes, the characters were unmemorable.

ROTJ had the Ewoks and I'd swear I could see zippers up their backs. However, it also had Princess Leia in a bikini. Advantage Princess Leia.

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
RotJ still tops the two new films for me as well, though I do like the new films well enough, particularly TFA. Say what one will about its narrative similarities to Star Wars, it was a genuinely fun film filled with likeable characters... just like Star Wars.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
RotJ still tops the two new films for me as well, though I do like the new films well enough, particularly TFA. Say what one will about its narrative similarities to Star Wars, it was a genuinely fun film filled with likeable characters... just like Star Wars.
I have enjoyed the two new films but I don't know how to rank them. I was much, much younger when Star Ways came out. I remember after watching Star Wars for the first time, I drove home in my Fiat X 1/9 pretending it was a star fighter. If I was seeing Star Wars today for the first time that would not happen.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I have enjoyed the two new films but I don't know how to rank them. I was much, much younger when Star Ways came out. I remember after watching Star Wars for the first time, I drove home in my Fiat X 1/9 pretending it was a star fighter. If I was seeing Star Wars today for the first time that would not happen.
Since I now only watch movies at home ... that wouldn't happen for me either ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks