What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Predator 2 -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
As occasional problems still arise from various studios of major Blu-ray releases that are far from perfect, it's nice to see second tier titles receiving a quality treatment.

Predator 2 from Fox is a beautiful Blu-ray release. Rich colors, strong blacks, and proper true transparency that works perfectly.

For those who desire to own 2 along with the original, this is a rock solid Blu-ray.

RAH

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks

Two months ago, they sat down with me and watched "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" marathon...all three movies!

The ages are 8 to 11. If i don't expose them to the classics, they'll be lost. Their generation, to me, is what will comtinue the love for the old b/w classics!!!

I have them for a week, starting this Friday, and they'll be watching all the old sci-fi classics! Last year, they watched the original "Invaders from Mars." After I told them how it was told from their point of view...they were in awe!!!

So many classics, so little time!

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

A Creature from the Black Lagoon is really a very special treat - introducing them to something they don't see every day
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

But I would hardly call Predator 2 comparable or a classic, so I am still wondering if that is an appropriate movie for the grandkids at their age ?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I understand what you are saying, but I still don't think P2 is a movie for 10 year-olds. But you know them and I don't. I do approve of your introducing them to the old b&w sci-fi classics.

If they grow up loving old b&w movies, they will be the richer for it.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks

I'm sitting at the keyboard thinking what's this guy talking about, not for 10 year olds. D'oh! How could I have forgotten "THOSE" scenes!

Thanks for the reminder.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Actually, in terms of graphic content, Robocop is about on par with Predator 2:
Graphic violence? Check.
Coarse Language? Check.
Gratuitous nudity? Check, although P2's nudity is in the context of a sex scene, therefore raising the bar.

In terms of quality though, Robocop wins hands down. A brilliant satire, compared to P2's status as merely enjoyable trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks