What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I saw It It's Tuesday theatcially in 1969 at a screening, and didn't make much of it back then.

A tour group of ugly American's in Europe, with many familiar faces in the cast.

While the film doesn't play any better now than it did them, it does look good.

As presented by Olive, this MGM produced master is solid for color and density. And it's as clean as need be.

For me, the single redeeming feature is the presence of Suzanne Pleshette, with that wonderful voice, second only to Joan Greenwood.

For those who appreciate the film, which plays more like an extended TV show, it's a quality disc.

Image - 4.25

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 4.5

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
For me, the single redeeming feature is the presence of Suzanne Pleshette, with that wonderful voice, second only to Joan Greenwood.

Ah! Another admirer of Suzanne Pleshette! I've always liked her, ever since seeing her when I was still young, in films like The Birds, Rome Adventure and A Rage To Live. I've never seen this particular film - always wanted to - so I might buy this disc, as the quality is so good.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Saw it as a kid and seeing the close-up, on a mammoth screen, of an arm receiving an overseas shot has forever had me anxious, whenever I go to the doctors office.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Saw it as a kid and seeing the close-up, on a mammoth screen, of an arm receiving an overseas shot has forever had me anxious, whenever I go to the doctors office.

That's why fingers were created. To be strategically placed in front of eyes.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
This played at my first job at 60cents an hour. It played well, I liked it in 67,don't care for it now.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'll be getting this if only because Peggy Cass is in it. I met and talked at length with her when she was performing at the Showboat Dinner Theater in St. Petersburg, FL. Nice lady. I saw her frequently as a MATCH GAME contestant.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I'll be getting this if only because Peggy Cass is in it. [...]
If memory serves me correctly, the needle indented and popped into her fatty freckled shoulder.
Thank you Peggy Cass for giving me a lifetime of issues and phobias over needles.:wacko:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'll be getting this if only because Peggy Cass is in it. I met and talked at length with her when she was performing at the Showboat Dinner Theater in St. Petersburg, FL. Nice lady. I saw her frequently as a MATCH GAME contestant.

To Tell the Truth ... I think she was on TTTT more ;)!

Let's not forget her turn as Agnes Gooch in Auntie Mame - who got "in a family way" by drinking Dr Pepper ;)
bf287bfe59c92c47b346288dd12f9ad7.jpg

Last edited:

KMR

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin

I saw this when I was 12 years old, and that scene is the one thing that I remember about this movie! I have always hated needles my entire life (from well before seeing the movie).

Reactions: PMF

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
If my memory serves me correctly doesn't Donovan sing a song in one scene? Have only seen this film once many years ago.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
If my memory serves me correctly doesn't Donovan sing a song in one scene? Have only seen this film once many years ago.

Yes, written and performed, " Lord of the Reedy River." He also wrote the title song but it was preformed by J. P. Rags, whoever the heck that is. [emoji846][emoji846][emoji846]

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Having gone on a Caravan Tour of Europe with my family in 1967 visiting 13 countries in 21 days, this resonates for me and will join my library, thanks for the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks