A Christmas Story sequal?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean Kousoulas, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

This was many years ago...

I remeber a Sunday mourning, I woke up and turned on either TBS or TNT, and there was this movie playing, which featured the same cast as A Christmas Story. Even the neighbor's with the 50 dogs. Can anybody find any more infomation of this film? I tried IMDB but couldn't find anything. I know I wasn't dreaming...

Dean

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    There was a sequel, but it didn't feature the same main cast - other than Jean Shepherd as the narrator. It was called IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY (or MY SUMMER STORY, depending on when and where you saw it). Charles Grodin and Mary Steenburgen played the parents (Darren McGavin & Melinda Dillon in ACS), Kieran Culkin played Ralphie (Peter Billingsly in ACS). It was made in 1994 and barely received a theatrical release (just a few markets) and it was on VHS. It was the same writer, director, and producer team, but the spirit of A Christmas Story was sorely lacking, IMO.

3. Jon Bell

Jon Bell Stunt Coordinator

There are a bunch of Jean Shepherd stories available on VHS (check out Amazon). I think they were broadcast on PBS. One had Matt Dillon as Ralphie and one had the guy from Stand By Me and Sliders as Ralphie. I remember them being ok, nowhere near the classic status of Christmas Story. The Jean Shepherd narration is very cool, though.

4. Chucky P

Chucky P Supporting Actor

Charles Paulsen
  5. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

Thanks alot for the infomation guys.

Dean