What's new

A Bose DVD Player. Does it do Progressive Scan :) - (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
bose01.jpg

wink.gif

Spero D.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Hmm, not exactly the cleanest looking design (IMHO)
Reminds me of an old (80's) car's pull-out CD player/radio.
(before the market went to detachable face)
I can't wait to hear the hype they spin for this one. :)

Shade Watson

Stunt Coordinator
The DVD player in the picture looks like it slides into a computer bay. In that case I would guess that that is one heck of a system for a computer.

Jon_R

Stunt Coordinator
no way, that is far too wide to slide into a computer bay. Since a dvd is almost the width of a 5 1/4 bay, that thing is clearly designed as a seperate unit.
We'll see how amazing it is.
Jon

FilipM

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, how bout this very exclusive BOSE feature!
Oh Honey, I hope it will have something to get rid of those darn awful "black bars"...
rolleyes.gif

Urghhhhhh

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,
That looks like a Japenese(sorry about the spelling!) version, the US version is very sleek, it has a silver Wega like finish, with a flip up door in the front. It does not have progressive, but supports-Dolby Digital, DTS, MP3, CDR-RW and outputs 4:3 letterbox or 16:9 anamorphic. Don't bash something if you have never seen the ACTUAL version or even used it.
See ya!
JP
PS-and no, I do not own any BOSE products-bashing product just isn't something I generally agree with unless you have first hand knowledge of.-thanks!

Jacob_St

Second Unit
I don't think this is a real product. I went over to the Bose website and this thing is not listed. If it is real, then it's just a DVD player hooked up to their crappola lifestyle speaker system. A complete waste of time and money.
[Edited last by Jacob_St on September 17, 2001 at 11:23 AM]

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to try this again-this is most likely an overseas product-for Japan.
NOT for US sale!
JP
Japan and the US (in genaral) have different tastes-so ALL companies redesign their products to fit the need of other markets.

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not saying it's not crap-you mis-understood me-It very well maybe-but I'm sure most people here are familiar with the Bose spkrs-but don't bash new product without actually knowing anything about it. You would be amazed at the things Bose designs.
JP

Seung Kim

Agent
Wow... Bose system.... Drool...
That DVD player looks like it can be installed into a 1965 Ford Mustang or something!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks