What's new

99 Bug/Need Radio Code information (1 Viewer)

David McGough

Second Unit
My daughter is at Miss State. I got a call her battery went out in her 99 Bug 2.0.
I got a fellow to go put a battery in. When he did it started butthere was no gages working and the Radio/CD was not working.
I had her take to it to Auto Zone and guy found 2 fuses out.
Radio Sys fuses was OK... Now Im finding out about Radio Code to be reset. Were do you find the code and were to you reset it at??

I have her at Miss State one at UT Knox, Im 500 miles away.
I have to fix things online and by phone. Pay somebody to go check it out. Problem is daughter is 6'3 long legs and the guys check her out..

Anybody know about VW CODES.
[email protected]
Tks

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
David,

Did you try posting a message over at vwvortex.com? I'm sure someone over there would be able to help you out.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Her code should be in her manual. If she does not have the manual she's screwed! Kidding, the 99 bug I used to have had the code in the area where the spare tire is kept. Open the hatch flip the 2 "buttons" that hold the floor down, fold the floor up and start looking around the spare tire well. I don't think she will have to take the spare out. I now have an 02 bug I'll check as soon as I can if the code is still in that area.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i believe vw dealers also have a way of pulling the code? i know i had to do that for my honda...

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
if there is a dealer near her, it shouldnt take more than 20 minutes total. the actual task of putting the code in takes about 10 seconds. tell her to look in the manual, follow the instructions to input her radio code, and she's done.

CJ

David McGough

Second Unit
Were do you actually put the code in at??
Every thing with her is by phone and she is not to sharp.
Now she can fill it up and mash the gas but that is about it.
I did go no newbug site but it has started a new site?
I don't know why the other was fine.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
you put it in using the radio's preset buttons, iirc. if it's not those buttons, it's somewhere on the radio, i'm sure of that. the manual should be able to walk her through it. if she can get into college, she can handle this :)

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks