What's new

9 Disc Family Guy set in the UK?? Uncensored material??? (1 Viewer)

Zak Hepburn

Stunt Coordinator
The UK release's have no extra's,so maybe it's just the R1 stuff ported over.
I think their is an unsensored material feturette on the 3rd season release.
The Osama scene was cut from the UK release of the 1st season so I would doubt it would be on there.

John CW

Supporting Actor
There's apparently two (separate) discs of extras, all which are taken from the Region 1 release:

14 audio commentaries
'Behind The Scenes' featurette (4 mins)
7 episode promos (2 mins)
28 deleted scene animatics (17 mins)
'Pilot Pitch: Family Guy' featurette (7 mins)
'Uncensored' featurette (7 mins)
'Series Overview' featurette (17 mins)

The discs of the seasons are identical to the ones that have been released before. This is just the extras from the Region 1 discs bundled on two extra discs and slapped together with the old releases.

REPEAT: Don't buy if you have the Region 1 set!

A review of the new release: http://www.dvdbulletin.co.uk/reviews/304

There are no differences between the Region 2 DVD episodes and the Region 1 DVD episodes BTW except for ONE joke: The "JFK Pez Dispenser" joke from Season 1 Episode 5. It'd be nice to see a set released on "uncut" episodes from the first three seasons, including those clips found on the internet that cannot be seen anywhere else (Osama for one, Peter's "Lover's Guide" tape for another).

~ John

Rolando

Screenwriter
Sorry guys for not quite getting it; is there material censored or otherwise that is not available in R1 DVDs? Are there episodes cut?

John CW

Supporting Actor
It's a bit complicated I guess :)

The old Region 2 release was just a barebones, episodes only (no extras) release and it had the same cuts to Seasons 1 and 2 as the US version (with only one exception, apparently. One added joke: The JFK dispenser to Episode 5, Season 1).

The new Region 2 release is just these same discs packaged together with new discs containing the same extras as the Region 1 release.

Although Seasons 1 and 2 have never been seen *fully* uncut in any region, it's worth mentioning that the versions on DVD are "uncut" compared to their heavily censored TV versions (especially in the UK where the amount of cuts is insane).

Season 3 is uncut in both regions.

So to sum up:

Regions 1 and 2 are identical (in terms of cuts and extras) except that Region 2 *apparently* has one extra joke (although I haven't seen it).

Region 1 might be a better buy because all the extras are the same discs as the episodes and I've read that the Region 2 version doesn't have a "Play All" option.

That's about it.

Hope that's a little bit clearer :)

~ John

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
John - the Pez Dispenser joke wasn't added in. It was in the episode when it first aired. For some odd reason, they cut it from the R1 DVD's. I wonder why. JFK Jr was already dead when the episode aired (I believe). I can't see any other reason relating to as to why they'd cut it now, but not 4 years ago. Anyone know?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, the censors accidentally let it through the first time, then rectified their mistake.

Rolando

Screenwriter
so does anyone knw what HAS been cut from these? Noted that no DVD of season 1 or 2 is uncut sot then what was cut. was it cut for TV or aired at least once and was later cut...

John CW

Supporting Actor
There might be a full list on the net somewhere, why not try searching for it??

Here's what I found in 2 seconds:

SEASON 1:
-Episode "Chitty Chitty Death Bang" (episode 3 on season 1): At the end of the episode, when Stewie makes a wish, he's told he can wish for anything he wants in the whole world. So he thinks of marching and "seig heil" chants. In the DVD, the "seig heil" is muted.
-Episode "A Hero Sits Next Door" (episode 5 on season 1): The "JFK Pez dispenser -joke" is gone.

SEASON 2:
-Episode "Road to Rhode Island" (episode 20 on season 2): When Stewie takes his weapons to the plane after distracting airport security by dancing, he says “God I hope Osama Bin Laden doesn’t know show tunes". Next shot is Bin Laden dancing and distracting them while his luggage full of weapons passes through. This scene has been cut.

All of the above scenes were broadcast at some point, obviously, but cut from the DVD releases. There's also the stuff they were forced to cut before they went to air. Some of it mentioned in the commentaries. Most of that stuff was probably never finished. Still it'd be nice to see a "remastered" version of Seasons 1 and 2 that included what they WANTED to do :)

PS - I have yet to buy Season 3, so I'm not sure what is included in the "Uncensored" featurette.

~ John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks