What's new

8 way component vide/audio switch box? where to find? (1 Viewer)

scott steingra

Auditioning
Hello all,

I have been searching all over the internet and just cannot find what I want. I am looking for a single device or two devices if need( 1 for audio and, 1 for video)

I have a growing number of electronic devices like PC's, more PC's, game consoles , etc that can all output component video. And I have a projector that can display component video.

Also I have a AV receiver that has both a single coax and single Toslink connector on it.

So what I am looking for is a switch box that can accept 8 component video inputs, and output to component video.

Also I am looking for a switch box that can accept either toslink optical connections or coax digital connections, and output to toslink or coax digital to my receiver's input.

This would allow me to hook up all my gadgets digitally, in a simple fashion to one audio switch box. All the devices can output coax or toslink digital too.

I am hoping someone knows where I can find such a device, that is inexpensive but not a piece of garbage. :)

I have seen only 4 way switches, that wont do me that much good. And the only 8 way I have seen was wayyyyy too expensive for my budget. The 4 way switch I found was perfect...had everything I needed EXCEPT it was 4 way not 8. ANd cost 299$

Well thats my question for you.

Thanks

scott steingra

Auditioning
I have seen both of those websites...thanks for the info. I have been looking on the net for 2 or 3 weeks, and still cant find what I want :frowning: ...at least not anything that is affordable to my remaining budget.

I like the audio authority stuff...and yes the 1154 looks real good...just need 8 inputs not 4 :frowning:

Here is a picture of another product...has all i/o but need 8 not 4 input channels
visit this site(zektor.com/images/HDS4_rear_all.jpg)

And here is the main page about it
visit this site(zektor.com/hds4/index.htm)

Now if I can only find something like these, reasonably priced and with 8 inputs. That would be awesome.

PS
Sorry I am too new, cant post actual URLS yet.

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
Scott, I'm in the same boat has you in that I now have a whole lot more equipment with component outputs than I have inputs.

The Pelican System Selector Pro is getting harder and harder to find but it has 8 component video inputs (1 in the front) and has optical and ethernet switching on 3 of the inputs. It uses its own A/C adapter and the output quality seemed good to me for the price. 480p from DVD players and 720p/1080i from the Xbox was alright too.

I've used the Pelican System Selector Pro with Inday switchers with great results.

Random Google Find of Site Selling Pelican Selector

scott steingra

Auditioning
thanks for the information I will check into those Pelican systems. Why do I need Inday switchers? I guess I thought the Pelican Selector had everything.....will have to go look at them on google/ebay etc

I am still amazed that no one seems to make an affordable 8way switch...I would think there are enough geeks with more than 4 toys they want to hook up to their HDTV or Projector.....:)

Thanks

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
Sorry, didn't mean you had to have the Inday switches too. Only if you have more than 8 components like me of course.

$80 is the cheapest I've seen with that many inputs.

scott steingra

Auditioning
Hi , thanks for the information on the cost. John, are you saying that you found a Pelican System Selector Pro for 80$ or something else?

scott steingra

Auditioning
cubegameworld.com/article.php/id/129/

I have seen several websites that offer conflicting information on the Pelican Selector pro, some say it only has 3 component inputs, but I also saw a picture of it that showed it had 8...so whats up with that?

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
Most sites get lazy and cut and past their product info from other sites and usually get things wrong.

In this particular case though, there is another Pelican Selector that does in fact just have 3 component inputs. Some sites use the picture of it and the 8 input version interchangeability and shouldn't.

If the link I provided worked above, it shows the correct information and picture.

Jim Gloeb

Auditioning
Scott, you can usually find the 8 input Pelican locally. When I was looking I found them at a few different gaming stores. Check out the mall for stores that sell xbox, playstation and the like. If they don't have it ask them about any other local stores, I'm sure you'll find one. Good luck

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks