What's new

$799 good price for Denon 3802 at authorized dealer? (1 Viewer)

Matt Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't really in the market for a new receiver until I went to my B & M HT store today and they just dropped the price of their Denon 3802 to $799. They are an authorized Denon retailer who I have bought from extensively in the past. I currently have a Yammy DSP-A2 which is the international version of the 2095. Would I be taking a step down in power? I would like the DPLII as well as the DTS ES and the 5 channel stereo, but I don't know if there is enough of a benefit to buying this over what I already have.
I'm sure I could get it for less online, but is this a good price for an authorized dealer?
Thanks in advance,
Matt

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
That's a fine price. In addition it is LOCAL. My local dealer told me 720.00 was dead cost on the unit, and I could have it for 750.00 since I am buying other items from them (Paradigm Reference @ 25% off).

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
$800 is an excellent price on the '3802 from an authorized Denon dealer, and a brick-and-mortar one, no less. Crutchfield and Tweeter (brick-and-mortar for the latter) sell it for $1200.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Matt, That's an excellent price from an authorized B&M.
------------------
Luke

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Heyal yes that a great price!!!
Id buy it!
------------------
RobertDuvall.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
It's a great price from an authorized dealer! I've researched the prices of the 3802 and the lowest I've found is $735 but from a non-authorized dealer. The lowest price that I've seen from an authorized dealer is $995.
You should go for it! Denon is one hell of a good receiver.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

Matt Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
Everyone,
Thanks so much for your quick responses! That's what I thought about the $799 price. I think they gave me that price because I've bought everything short of my Pronto from them for my HT.
I think it's time to sell a Yammy DSP-A2!!!
Matt

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John,
Crutchfield dropped the price on the '3802 recently. A print catalog I received a couple weeks ago lists it for $1200, and Crutchfield's web site says "New Low Price!". I'm suprised to see a price drop on the '3802 so soon after its release. Interesting.
Michael said:
Being a brick n mortar Denon dealer
Ah, that explains all the quality Denon receivers and excellent HT equipment you have.
wink.gif

------------------
My:

Chip E

Screenwriter
That's a deal, no doubt! Local and all.. I have a feeling the current state of the economy might have something to do with the price being lower so soon. I'd grab it!
- Chip :)
------------------

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chip,
Yeah, not only do many of us feel a responsibility to bolster the economy by spending money, the manufacturers are making it easier for us by lowering prices. I guess we have to upgrade now. Geez, I can rationalize anything, can't I? :)
Michael,
Being an A/V dealer, I wish I were more like you. :)
------------------
My:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks