What's new

72 hours until my first movie premier! (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I leave for LA on Tuesday to attend our first movie premier and after-party. Its for Will Ferrell's new comedy "Talladega Nights". The premier is at Graumman's Chinese Theater. While the after-party will be in the parking lot of the El Capitan. We are very excited and not sure what it will be like. My wife is a big Nascar fan. And we found out that Nascar had asked for at least 11 tickets for some drivers...Including my wifes favorite..Dale Jr. So she is nervous. So I keep joking with her by saying.....
"You didn't throw up in front of Dale Jr....You threw up ON Dale Jr." :D

Has anyone ever gone to a premier & after-party?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just got back from LA. The premier was amazing. Was weird going to see a movie and looking over a few rows and seeing the cast of the movie or being at the party after and turning around and seeing Bruce Willis. Plus all the food and booze. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Jimi, Got to meet a lot of the celebs. Besides the cast, I met...Bruce Willis, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Jeremy Piven, Frankie Muniz, Britney Murphy, Tim Duncan, Amanda Bynes, Ian Ziering and the guy who plays Sonny on General Hospital. My wife picked him out. As we were walking from the premier to the after-party down a cordened off section of the street. Seth Green was right in front of me...But, he was making out with his gf the entire walk over and I didn't want to disturb him. LOL

If you go to the mini-review thread in the movies section. I posted some pics there.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I checked out the pics, pretty cool stuff. So did you get to have any conversations with anyone famous or was it pretty much a, "hello can I have a picture" sort of thing? If I were you that Brittney Murphey photo would be hung on every wall of my house.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Glad to read you had a good time. Great pics! Did you do anything else in Hollywood?

~T

todd s

Senior HTF Member

We went on the Sony Studios tour. And then had vip seating for a taping of "King of Queens". Which was cool. Before the taping was able to walk around the set and talked to the assistant director and some of the other production people. Then after the taping was able to go on the set and meet the cast. Then spent one day sitting at the pool at the hotel and walked around the outdoor shopping area in Santa Monica with my cousin who lives there.

Jimi C- Yes, Brittany was very hot. And also very nice.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Check out her pictures at IMDB.com. There are already some from the premier you attended, just not the one with you in it. :laugh: BTW, cool pics in the movie section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks