What's new

70's RAT Movies: WILLARD & BEN (1 Viewer)

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
Any chance of these 2 classic 70's RAT Movies, WILLARD and BEN, making it to DVD? The early 70's was a great time for horror movies.

Joe Kelly

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Ive never seen either, but I surprisingly really enjoyed the remake with Crispin Glover. Great cinematography and really moody and atmospheric. Some great character acting from Crispin too. I'd be interested in seeing the original, but I'd probably Zip.ca it first.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Season 1 of Rat Patrol was released by Sony in January and is a nice set with good transfers. Just waiting for a Season 2 announcement.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I saw the original Willard but have been dying to see the sequel, Ben. I'd pick up a double-feature DVD, or buy them individually - whichever way they're released.
I was hoping that they would come out when the remake was in theaters.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Both films are now owned by Paramount, so a sublicensing deal is probably the only way they'll make it to DVD.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Does Paramount own these in the same way they own the WALKING TALL 70s films because they were Bing Crosby productions? And thus REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD would also be owned by Paramount?

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I saw "Ben" in a theater a few years ago and it was a riot. They really need to release both films soon.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
My understanding is that all of the 1970s BCP titles are now controlled by Paramount, except for THE GREAT SANTINI, which remains with Warner.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
These are two of my most-wanted titles still Missing In Action (well, I love WILLARD... BEN, no so much!) and I think it's absurd that they've never been released to DVD yet.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I had been hoping they were part of the Legend Films deal, but that apparently is done now and no go. Very disappointing.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
"You made me hate myself!!"

I would have thought that these would have made their way to DVD when the remake came out. When they didn't, I knew there had to be some problem with rights at the time. I have no idea what is keeping them off the market now.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I heard Ben a few weeks back on the radio and it got me think about these films. I've never seen them but I loved the Willard remake and would gladly pick the original and Ben if released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks