What's new

70's Kid Specials??? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

For those of you old enough, do any of your remember the Children's Specials that aired on NBC, CBS, and PBS in the early seventies? For years, I've been hoping that DVD's on shows like Papa and Me (with Stephano Dimera himself, Joseph Mascolo), The Enormous Egg, two Miss Pickerell tv movies, For the Love of Fred, etc.

Some aired under NBC's banner Special Treat. A few aired twice, some, only once. It makes it hard for today's generation to appreciate that back then, if you missed it; you missed it.
Itunes and youtube and streaming have made such concerns rare. Also, I fear that today's more special effects save kids would not have the patience to give such programs a chance.

do any of you remember them? Looking for any anybody who can remember them as well

Three

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The legendary ABC Afterschool Specials are the limit of my memory of these sorts of productions. Maybe a few PBS shows that they would run during the day in Elementary School, but mostly those were regular series like "The Electric Company," "Zoom" and "The Metric System." I seem to remember an episode of Insight called "All Out" where there was a gameshow where you were offered a lot of money to some something awful to a loved one.

This one stuck with me...

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
ScottRE: would love to have a boxed DVD set of Insight come out? Haven't had a chance to check out the series fully. I've only seen clips but it looks interesting. Perhaps, I can rephrase the question, my 70's Kid Specials are pretty obscure. Not an existing series, but just once or twice shown children's specials. Do any of you out there have Holy Grails as obscure as that?

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks