What's new

60" television or 100" projector screen (1 Viewer)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Bigger is better. Go with the FP. I did and will never go back and you'll be amazed at what you can get with regards to a projector for a very decent price.

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed!
I looked and looked at about every type of big screen available, plasma, lcd, dlp... samsung, sony, pioneer. I had settled on a Samsung 61" dlp. I even had it bought at a pretty good price, just under 3K at a local store. I saw the post on the forums about the BenQ projector for $2K and I just did it. I've only hooked it up to test my cabling as I finish my home theater, but was really impressed.
You will be happy with the flexability that a projector gives you. Changing aspect ratio on the fly based on what you are watching, change the size of your image. All sorts of things, not to mention you could save yourself some money.
I saved enough I was able to pay for the additional construction costs for the screen, the screen paint, very nice curtains, motorized curtain rod, and upgrade my lighting to include Lutron Maestro IR switches.
Nice upgrade for what I was doing....
Do the FP, you will not regret it.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
It depends on if you have control over light in your viewing area. It also depends on if you watch a lot of TV broadcast. If you can keep your room relatively dark, I'd say get the projector. But you you look at a lott of TV it could get expensive to replacing projection bulbs. I like the Panasonic AE900U

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Which is the best for what? You need to give more info. I love my projector, but I DO NOT watch SD programming or VHS on it.

John S

Senior HTF Member
At the infocus website, they current have Screenplay SP5000 True HD LCD FP for under $1K, the projector is said to be a real string performer in living room environments.

This comes with a 76" screen free, free shipping. I dunno, if this projector had been this price a few years ago, I would not own the 60" RP I have now.

To mny plusses on the SP5000 deal in my opinion to even think about an RP.

But I don't have it yet, so I may hate it. The reviews seem to indicate it a quality display though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks