What's new

5.1 Receiver for $300 CND (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
I figured since Christmas was around the corner and I just got a new Tempest in my room, I could ask my parents for new receiver to replace my old Sony Pro-Logic. Now I need to know which one to ask for. The budget is around $300 CDN. Also, my mom's a travel agent at Sears and gets a discount there, so a brand Sears, so it would make most sense to get a brand they carry (JVC, Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood..). I know my budget doesn't allow for much choice here in Canada, so if anyone could give me any input, I'd appreciate it very much.
Thanks,
Andrew
P.S. My cheap tv only has one composite input, so video switching between DVD and Satellite would be a major plus.

RichardMA

Second Unit
Rather than buy a newer model, you might consider
something used. If you check the trade in sections of
specialty electronics stores (as opposed to Future Shop,etc) you might find something at a considerably
lower price than new. Most people keep their equipment
in good condition who deal with those type of stores.
My last aquisition was a 2 channel Adcom amp in excellent
condition for about $300 Can. or around 1/3rd the new price. Be sure an compared it's used price to what the
new equivalent costs and you can also bargain them down
further on such items.

Zenas

Agent
I was looking at some of the Panasonic receivers, and the SAHE70 looked pretty good. I think it's about $250CDN at Best Buy in Canada... not sure how much it'll be in Sears. Here it is on the Panasonic.ca website... http://www.panasonic.ca/English/audi...tre/sahe70.htm ... It says $369.95 there, but the latest Best Buy flyer had it for $249.99 this week. Something to check out! :) Have fun!

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the replies.
Zenas - I was looking at the receiver, along with the JVC - RX 6020 that's been mentioned in some of the threads like this.
Andrew

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Andrew, I'm selling my Pioneer Elite VSX-24TX receiver. Not CAD$300, obviously, but it sure is a kickass receiver in a near-new condition. I'll PM you with the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks