What's new

46" WT-46809 Mitsu Screen Problem (1 Viewer)

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
I took off the glare screen when I first got the set but it seems the regular screen and the lenticular lens are loose, not taut, in the screen frame. When I watch I usually find that to get a reasonable picture I have to sit smack in the center. If I sit to the left, the left side of the screen gets darker and I see a semi-circle of blue smack in the center of the left third of the screen. Same deal but reversed on the right side if I sit on the right side. All in all, off-center viewing ain't so hot. Gives me lots of second thoughts about keeping the set.

Is this normal for rear projectors? Should the regular screen and lenticular lens be taut? There seems to be some play in space between the two, is that normal? Would replacing the glare screen fix this?

Thanks!

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
So, on my TV the glare screen is completely removed, and weather stripping is inserted on the screen sides to hold it in place. Works just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks