What's new

42" plasma shootout (1 Viewer)

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
It wasn't listed at 719 though. Their current ad has a 42" Panny at 799, and I think it's the G15 (call them) and I think that's what the price was before too. Go in and ask them to do better. Good luck.

He first quoted me $739 on the TV but then I impulsively bought an HDMI cable from them which was listed at $45, which he cut to $25 - on a TV price of $739. So, it's $719 + 45 (as on the receipt) or $739 + 25 (as we had negotiated). The TV by itself would have been 739. (The data is digital - is any one cable better than another?!? Oh, well.)

Be prepared for California's recycling pre-payment too. $25. That was on top of my 719+45 (or 739+25...)

jjsb4

Auditioning
Real Name
Judy
Thanks for getting back to me-- too bad I'm in southern CA. But I just got a great deal at Pacific Sales.

Mark M. Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Oren

It wasn't listed at 719 though. Their current ad has a 42" Panny at 799, and I think it's the G15 (call them) and I think that's what the price was before too. Go in and ask them to do better. Good luck.

He first quoted me $739 on the TV but then I impulsively bought an HDMI cable from them which was listed at $45, which he cut to $25 - on a TV price of $739. So, it's $719 + 45 (as on the receipt) or $739 + 25 (as we had negotiated). The TV by itself would have been 739. (The data is digital - is any one cable better than another?!? Oh, well.)

Be prepared for California's recycling pre-payment too. $25. That was on top of my 719+45 (or 739+25...)
Hmm... I noticed that ad and was thinking it was probably for that model as it's the only Panasonic listed in that size with "Internet connectivity" (rather annoying that they don't list model numbers). Sounds like I could probably barter that price down as well. In my experience working in retail and customer service most employees are allowed to knock 10% off of the price of an item to make a sale and $799 - 79 comes out at a very familiar $719.

Mark M. Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Turns out the day I made it over to Video Only was the last day they were open before they close the SF store down for renovations. They were out of the 42" G15 and since they were closing for a while and didn't have any in stock there was absolutely no ability to talk the price down. Just free delivery or $50 if I was willing to order it and then pick it up from San Mateo (and just my girlfriend is getting rid of her car).

I thought about going over to Pacific Sales as well, but in the end 6th Ave seems to have an unbeatable deal right now. $799 base price, but the "BESTBUY" coupon code knocks another 6% off it for a final price of $750 (no tax, free shipping). Should be here just in time for me to not care less about both the Super Bowl and the Olympics!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks