What's new

40oz of booze (1 Viewer)

James Slade

Second Unit
Dumb question:

Is 40oz 750ml? I am travelling and want to make sure I don't bring back to much. Bye the way the limit is way too little.

Chris Muollo

Stunt Coordinator
Well...this is rather an odd place to post that question, but I'll help you out.

40ozs=1200mls. Looks like you're going to have to drink 450 mls (15oz)!! Life could be worse.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Now that we see the effects of partaking in some booze while posting, this thread has been moved to the After Hours Lounge. :)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Canada only allows you to bring back 750ml of booze ? Pretty strict... Does that include beer ?

I believe the US is 2 Litres, but depending on the source country, I have never been charged (I declared more after a trip to the BVI).

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
If you meet the age requirements set by the province or territory where you enter Canada, you can include one of the following:

- 1.5 litres of wine;

- 1.14 litres (40 oz.) of liquor; or

- 24 × 355 ml cans/bottles (8.5 litres) of beer or ale.

You can bring in more than the free allowance of alcohol except in Nunavut and the Northwest Territories. However, the quantities have to be within the limit the province or territory sets and, in most cases, you have to bring the quantities with you.

If you bring in more than the free allowance, you will have to pay both customs and provincial or territorial assessments.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
remember that you can bring more back, you just have to pay the duty on the amount above the limit. it's very cheap, usually 1 to 2 bucks a bottle, at most.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Remember too that domestic airlines have their own cap on the amount of booze you can bring on. I went on holiday's to Victoria on Westjet and picked up a 24 of some of BC's finest, Lucky Lager. No luck getting all 24 cans of beer on my flight back to Edmonton, I was allowed 5 Liters of beer, which is about 16 cans I think. So I had to drink a couple and sold a 6 pack to the baggage handler. :D

Shane Bos

Second Unit
why would a canadian want to bring back beer from the states? I was mortified when I saw that you can buy beer in plastic bottles. I know how plastic ruined the taste of pop and can only imagine it would do the same to beer.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
why would a canadian want to bring back beer from the states? I was mortified when I saw that you can buy beer in plastic bottles. I know how plastic ruined the taste of pop and can only imagine it would do the same to beer.
Some of the best beer in the world is from the states. Check it out at ratebeer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks