What's new

30% + off on used dvds at Gamestop B&M affiliates (1 Viewer)

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
My local Funcoland, a retailer affiliated with Gamestop.com had a lot of used dvds tonight, said they had just gotten a bunch from the similarly affiliated Software Etc. in the nearby mall, had a promotion going for 30% off all used dvds. I used my Game Informer discount card and got another 10% off, picked up Curse of the Jade Scorpion and You Only Live Twice: Special Edition for $6.30 each plus tax. Might be worth checking your local shops like these and Babbage's (or other Gamestop affiliates; not sure of which other stores might be), might find some good deals. I had the impression people were dumping crap dvds in the recent LOTR trade-in promo, but I saw a lot of recent, decent releases.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
It's GameStop, Software Etc..., FuncoLand, Babbages. Don't go to mall stores, they are not carrying dvd's anymore.

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator
From what I understand, they are getting out of the dvd business and concentrating on video gaming. The manager I talked to said that they are not selling too well and not worth the floor space. Imagine that. :)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Mark, you are correct. Most stores are not going to carry new DVD's any longer, and "mall" stores are not going to carry new or used. You can't compete selling movies like LOTR for $20-$23 at launch when people can buy elsewhere for $5 cheaper. There are still some "test" stores that get DVD product, but not very many and I haven't any idea where they're located.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks