What's new

24" sony wega or 26"phillips widescreen? (1 Viewer)

joe ramiez

Auditioning
Hi im new to this forum..i would link you guys to pics and info about the tv's but i guess i need 15 posts to do so,so i wont cause im in a hurry..so here we go

Sony 24" FD Trinitron WEGA Flat-Screen TV with Matrix Surround Sound - Silver ..Model: KV24FS120

Philips 26" Widescreen Flat-Tube TV with Component Video Inputs - Silver ..Model: 26PW6341

Out of these two which would you say has a more better cleaner, crisper,more vibrant picture..i was at best buy the other day and was checking them out..the phillips looked alot better...more viberant for some reason it stood out alot between the others on that row including the wega..so i asked a tech guy that works in the return department and he said by far the sony has the better picture..but why didnt it look like that??I know they split the wire cable connecting to the tv's in the store and it'll look better once at home but ,still.

ill be usin it for the dvd player,but mostly for the xbox hooked up threw component cables,and believe me ive been alround the interent askin this the last few days and no luck ,so maybe you people here at the HTF forum can help out:) ?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi joe -

i work at bb, so i'll give you my .02.

it's a tough call, but if i were you, i would go with the sony. sony tv's are hard to beat. they're solid, dependable, and always give great pictures. i can't think of any specific feature that the phillips has that would give it the edge (besides the additional 2").

you're correct that we don't use the best hookups. we're running a coax cable that gives a "simulated" hd feed. once you take it home, hook it up using the component connection, you can definitely expect a better pic.

don't forget two things.

1. you can always return it, so you're safe there.
2. i forget how much these cost? you may want to look into the 'reward zone' program - may save you a few bucks.

good luck man!

joe ramiez

Auditioning
^thanks ted the 24"wega costs around 310,the 26"phillips costs about 400 and the 27"wega costs about 400..guess i should be comparing the 27"to the 26",but i figured i go with the cheaper wega since i heard they both got identical picture..

by the way is there like a fact picture sheet or something i can find on the internet or something once i buy the wega.so i can adjust it just right for the best picture?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If I was you I would also add the Toshiba 24" to your list because it has more features than the Sony & can be had for less. Also just thought I'd pass on that BrandsMart USA in South FL & Alanta GA has the Sony this week for $248.88 so I would fight with stores to get the Sony for well under $300 The Toshiba also has the 16:9 DVD Mode & Audio/Video Outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks