What's new

24 gets commercial free premeire (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Courtesy of Fox and Ford, 24 will premeire on Tuesday, October 29 with no commercial interruption. I imagine the episoded will be wedged between 2 Ford ads, but there is no indication of running time. Up to 1 hour, I imagine.
What a great way to start off a new season!
Now I must make sure to have watched the whole first season on DVD before 10/29.
Wouldn't it be nice if they could get a sponsor for all 24 episodes? That would guarantee my viewership :).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If they did a logo and commercial free premier, that would be so cool. It would be even better if they did it in High Def...

Maybe they'll shoot every episode to be an hour and then cut stuff out for commercials so we get a full 24 hours when we get the second boxset.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
So the question is, how many different Fords will Jack hop into and run around in?

I remember the Alias premiere brought to us by Nokia. You'd think the only form of communication was by cell phone.

Although some product placement is much easier to handle then logos and commercial breaks.

MichaelAW

Second Unit
Actually, I disagree (about commercial breaks). Here in Sweden, some shows are shown without commercials, such as The Simpsons. It's weird to see the transitions, or fade-to-blacks, immediately go to the next scene. I think it actually hurts the pacing sometimes.

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
There will never be a logo free TV show due to the studios wanting their copyright in place. Plus the fact they don't want someone to have a recorded copy that's perfect with no logo. If they did, most would probably not buy DVD box sets unless they offered a lot of extras with it.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I think all shows should have a banner running at the bottom instead of commercials. I would rather have a scrolling banner every 10mins then to be interupted with commercials.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
It would be even better if they did it in High Def...
It looked pretty good in 16:9 480p. Better than some 'real' 1080i HD of poorly produced sitcoms. Unfortunately, FOX isn't going to do real HD any time soon if ever. But I found 24 to be pretty good in 16:9 480p (despite some grain, which I see even on the SDTV version).
If you want to see an incredible HD show, check out Odyssey 5 on Showtime. Though the resolution is so good it makes it easier to spot the occasional bad CGI effect. :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
"New players for the second season include Sara Gilbert (Roseanne) as a CTU agent"

Yes!!!! She is awesome. Kind of tomboy looking but solid actress and sexy in a butch way. Saw her playing a junkie on one of those CSI shows recently. Good casting.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad to hear 05 looks really good. I intend to switch to HD tapes when I start getting the new feed.

Why won't Fox do "real" HD?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
No reason to put "real" in quotes. It ain't HD. What does Fox call it? Extended Definition?

//Ken

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
From the SciFi Guys website:

(This is just cast info, but I'll hide it in case).

New players for the second season include Sara Gilbert (Roseanne) as a CTU agent, Laura Harris (The Faculty), and Sarah Wynter (The Sixth Day).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks