What's new

24 - Day 3 - Hour 24 - 5/25/04 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Nothing will ever beat Season One, or it's ending. Shit man, name one other shows which had such an awesome season finale!?!?!?!

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Jack's going to go to work next season and everybody (left) in the office will shout out, "Hey Hanibal!"

Maybe Palmer can head CTU?

What I didn't like - Yes, the city was closed. Everybody was told to go home, so the schools should have been closed, and they said that they shut down public transportation too, so why were the trains running? I think the writers wre on crack.

A really great show, but I think that they must have rushed the ending, unless flaws are ok now.

Glenn

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The ending of the show sets up how Tony, Chase, and Kim won't be in the next season, and I guess we could assume that Michelle will be transferred somewhere else (because of Tony), but I'm curious as to who is going to make up next season's cast.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I think it'd be nice if they kept the show in the "24 hour format," but went a different direction.

The more Kiefer in the show, the better.

When the show began, it wasn't really about CTU. It was really about Jack Bauer, his wife, and his daughter.

Day 2 was about the Warner wedding...and all the subsequent problems that caused for Southern California.

Day 3 tried to be about Jack's addiction, Kim and Chase, and Tony and Michelle...with some drug/virus thing thrown in. The focus was less on Jack and more on the other characters.

During Day 2 and Day 3, I found the sequences dealing with President Palmer to be boring...for the most part. I didn't find that thread of the show compelling at all this season. In Day 1 his story was interesting because someone was trying to assassinate him.

It'd be better to have Palmer doing something else.

My personal feeling is that they should do the following:

Have Palmer retired from public office. Have him living on an estate wherever he is originally from. Perhaps he has written a book about his time in public life and is traveling around the country promoting the book.

Have a group of white supremist militia members target Palmer. The supremist group could be militant and more like a "religious cult" that despises the government.

Palmer, now an ex-president, is working on behalf of Civil Rights issues and promoting his new biography. Have the situation set up where Palmer is going to appear at a large Civil Rights Rally at a major sports stadium (preferrably a dome).

Jack, how finds out this is going to happen, has to infiltrate the militia group and become a part of them.

(If anyone saw Kiefer in "A Time to Kill," they know he could do this pretty well.) While there, Jack meets a woman who is a daughter of one of the older militia members who is upset at the wrongdoings of the militia, but feels trapped. Jack can befriend her, but she will ultimately betray Jack.

CTU...at some point in the show...could launch an unsuccessful raid on the groups compound...with Kiefer caught in the middle. He miraculously escapes after a fight in a fiery cellar with one of the militia members.

A core group of militia members could escape and still be hell-bent on going after Palmer at the Civil Rights rally.

Jack will be exhausted at that point, but must do what he can to save Palmer in time...

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
^^I kind of like that season 4 idea...but it also feels a little tired and old. This would be the third time we'd see someone try to kill Palmer. And the incentive to have him dead would HAVE to go down somewhat considering he is no longer the President.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

"How's Kimmy!" :D

Sorry to bump up the thread, but I finally got back from Europe and just watched the last two episodes. Great stuff.

It will be interesting to see where they go next year. I'm sad about losing Tony, though. He's probably my favorite character on the show, and definitely the second biggest central character on the show.

Sad to see Palmer not seek re-election, but if I were him I would probably do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks